You may use ADOM freely provided you acknowledge the following terms
and abide by them:
1. ADOM must only be distributed in the packages created by
Thomas Biskup, the maintainer of the game. The packages
must remain complete and all components must not be altered
in any way.
2. You may not charge more than $3 for the distribution of
ADOM (values as of November, 2001).
3. You do not challenge ADOM's copyright in any way.
4. If you distribute ADOM with a magazine, a CD-ROM distribution
or a similar medium, you abide by the terms defined in section
5. You follow all other licensing terms (as given by entering
'adom -b' and 'adom -g').
6. You acknowledge that the author of ADOM is in no way
responsible for damage done to your system due to ADOM usage.
7. If you play ADOM for a prolonged amount of time and enjoy
it, you agree to abide by the terms of section I.C.
Failure to honor these terms will be a severe violation of the license
and could result in legal measures being taken if you are deemed
important enough to deserve it.
I.B. Distributing ADOM in magazines, on disks, etc.
You can freely distribute ADOM with magazines, in game compilations,
etc. provided you abide by the following terms:
1. You honor all terms listed in section I.A.
2. You agree to notify the author of ADOM, Thomas Biskup, either
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending
a written letter to the following address:
Zu den Tannen 5
3. You send two complimentary copies of your product (one for
actual examination and one for being stored in my safe) to the
address given under #2 (or, if it is an electronic publication,
to the email address given above).
Failure to do so will be a severe violation of this licensing agreement
and will incur legal measures.
I.C. The Postcard Quest.
If you want to thank me (Thomas Biskup) for creating ADOM, maintaining it,
fixing all discovered bugs, providing support and generally spending a lot
of time on the game and if you are having fun with the game, please
consider rewarding my efforts by sending a postcard to the following
address from wherever you live:
Zu den Tannen 5
I *love* receiving postcards from all over the world. Weigh the fun
ADOM gave you against the ten minutes you probably need to
write and send such a postcard -- and if you find that you like and
enjoy the game -- please do it. I'm really not asking much... am I?
I.D. Licensing ADOM and other commercial ventures.
ADOM is an immensely successful game and I'm proud of that. Still, there
are things that still could be done. If you are member of a game
company and would like to publish a game that could easily be able to
rival the success of Diablo by Blizzard software, two things are
1. You need a competent team of programmers and artists.
2. You need to be willing to license ADOM from me. If you are
interested in such a commercial venture email me at
Consider it if you work for a game company.