### END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (TERMS OF SERVICE)
- By downloading, installing, opening or otherwise using Factorio or any other connected services or products you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service which constitute an agreement with Wube Software Ltd, company number 09201188, registered seat 3 Gower Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1E 6HA, incorporated at the Companies House.
- If there is anything you are wondering about in connection with the use of Factorio or with these Terms of Service, do not hesitate to contact us – we will see what we can do but you can be sure we will do our best. Please address your questions, suggestions or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Factorio is licensed, not sold. No title or ownership in Factorio is being transferred or assigned and these Terms of Service shall not be interpreted as a sale of any rights in Factorio. Wube Software Ltd. retains all right, title, and interest to Factorio, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, proprietary rights, source code and its parts, art assets or moral rights.
- Subject to the provisions of these Terms of Service, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable right and licence to use the purchased or downloaded copy of Factorio for your personal, non-commercial use. Your licence rights are subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service.
- The term of your licence under these Terms of Service shall commence on the date that you install or otherwise use Factorio or any other connected services or products and ends on the date that you uninstall or otherwise dispose of Factorio.
#### NATURE OF THE GAME
- Factorio is still in the development. That means it is an unfinished product so it may contain bugs and unfinished features.
- The game is still evolving and is subject to changes in the future.
- You download, install and use Factorio at your own risk. We are not liable for any damage that might be caused to you by downloading, installing and using our software.
- Especially we are not responsible if you stay awake all night long playing Factorio and can't go to school / work in the morning :)
- There's always the possibility of the development of the project being discontinued at any time.
- Use of our online matching server and mod portal requires an account on our website.
#### PAYMENTS, PAID CONTENT
- The Factorio demo is available to anyone free of charge.
- You get access to the game by buying the membership. A single payment is all it takes to obtain full membership and unlock all features of the Factorio game.
- Possession of the membership entitles you to all the updates to the digital content associated with this membership for free in the future. Specifically this means that future updates to the core game are for free. However this doesn't include any more significant products that we might release, such as a Factorio DLCs, Factorio 2, etc.
- The contents and the price are subject to change in the future. We reserve the right to change the prices and modify any content when we feel it is beneficial for the future development of the game.
- Possession of the membership entitles you also to use of the mod portal (see below for the details) and multiplayer matching server.
#### THE MOD PORTAL
- The mod portal website and in-game integration are available to all purchasers of the game.
- We reserve the right to remove a mod or edit any mods listing without notice.
- All mods uploaded must have the permission from the author of the mod, and must not contain any copyrighted material unless it is permitted by the appropriate copyright owner.
- Any inappropriate behaviour by users in the discussions feature can lead to account deactivation.
- By uploading a mod to the mod portal, you grant us the irrevocable right to reproduce, adapt and distribute the mod and its content as necessary to operate the mod portal and provide the service to our users.
- Any adaptations or works derived from the Factorio assets are permitted to be included and distributed as part of your mod. However Wube Software Ltd. still retains all rights and license to these assets and the work derived from them, and reserves the right to request removal of these assets from your mod.
#### STEAM INTEGRATION
- Memberships purchased through the Factorio website are entitled to redeem a Steam key which allows them to add Factorio to their Steam library.
- This Steam key is meant solely for the owner of the membership from whose profile page it was generated.
- Giving away / selling / or otherwise passing the Steam key to someone else is direct violation of this Terms of Service and will lead to interrupting the membership.
- We reserve the right to change the policy of giving out keys with above restrictions in the future.
- If you buy the game via Steam, you will be able to link your Steam ID to an account on our website. This will allow you to use other services we provide or will provide in the future (i.e. mod portal, multiplayer matching server).
#### PURCHASE AND REFUNDS
- After the purchase you will receive an electronic invoice from our payment processing service.
- After the purchase you will also receive a confirmation email from us with the upgrade code to your new tier and instructions on how to use it.
- There are no additional or hidden fees. You pay once for the product (the membership tier) and that is it.
- Refunds are possible in following scenarios (please contact us by email at email@example.com if you want to request a refund):
- The purchase has not been authorized or it has been a fraud.
- The user has technical issues with the game (it doesn't run or works improperly).
- The user has accidentally purchased the game multiple times (typically double purchase scenario).
- Request for refund must be communicated to us within 30 days of the initial purchase.
- We will resolve your request for refund within 14 days after such request is delivered to us. Make sure you provide us with all information that can help us identify the issue upon which your request is based.
#### ONLINE STORES AND DISTRIBUTION SERVICES
- If Factorio is provided through an authorised external online store or other authorised distribution service, these Terms of Service and such provision of Factorio is subject to the additional terms and conditions adopted by a particular online store or distribution service. All such applicable terms and conditions are part of these Terms of Service by this reference and in case of collision with these Terms of Service such applicable terms and conditions shall prevail.
#### INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND SHARING
- You may use Factorio and other paid content for your own personal use.
- All the content in the game is owned by Wube Software Ltd. This also includes the user provided content that becomes part of game (for instance translations).
- If you distribute or otherwise publish your derivative works or modifications of the source code or / and art assets, you automatically grant to Wube Software Ltd. the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and / or dispose of the modifications and / or derivative works (or any part of them) in any way Wube Software Ltd. considers appropriate. You also waive and agree never to assert against Wube Software Ltd. or its affiliates, distributors or licensors any moral rights or similar rights, that you may have in respect of such modifications and / or derivative works.
- Factorio is not a free software, copy-left or public domain software. The source code and all art assets are copyrighted and licensed by Wube Software Ltd. and any use of them is subject to the rules stated in these Terms of Service or, if applicable, an express consent of Wube Software Ltd.
- You are not allowed to copy, transfer or distribute the game, its hacked or otherwise altered versions, any of its parts or any of the paid content.
- Distribution of the original art assets such as models, fonts or textures is not permitted, unless it is necessary to create your own mods in accordance with the previous paragraphs.
- Any commercial use of the Factorio source code, art assets or other affiliated assets is subject to express consent of Wube Software Ltd. For this purpose you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not affect your Video Policy set out below.
- You may use the free Factorio headless server to run and operate a commercial service providing servers to players. However we reserve the right to request the cessation of the service should an issue with the service provider arise.
#### USE OF SERVICE
- Children may use an account established by their parent or legal guardian with the approval of such a person.
- The game doesn't contain explicit violence and we believe it is appropriate for children from 12 years.
- If you wish to cancel your account please send us an email to email@example.com.
#### VIDEO POLICY
- If you are a valid user of the game, you may use our content for the purpose of creating videos (such as tutorials, walkthroughs, reviews etc.), uploading them on video sharing platforms (such as Youtube) and monetize those.
- You are not allowed to extract assets from our content and distribute those separately (e.g. sound effects, graphics, music).
- We reserve the right to revoke this permission if the video is being used in a way we see as inappropriate, and reserve the right to takedown such videos.
- Do not do anything that could harm the development of the game or its distribution. We try to be helpful and fair towards all members of our Factorio community and we appreciate being rewarded with the same approach from others.
- The materials appearing in the game or on the Factorio website may include technical or typographical errors. We don't warrant that any of the materials are complete, accurate, or up to date.
- Any kind of abusive or clearly inappropriate behaviour with regard to services we run (forums, mod portal, matching server) is a violation of these Terms of Service.
- There are couple of places where you can share ideas and opinions with other players (our Forum, Twitter, Facebook page). Please behave there appropriately and avoid doing anything that would result in sanctions for us.
- Any legal disputes arising in connection with application of these Terms of Service shall be resolved in accordance with the law of the Czech Republic and will be resolved by the competent courts of the Czech Republic.
- Each provision of these Terms of Service operates separately. In the case that any provision of these Terms of Service has been invalid or unenforceable for any reason, this fact does not cause invalidity or ineffectiveness of other parts of the Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right to update these terms at any point in time with immediate effect. Last update was on 31st October 2018.