Package Details: apt 1.3.2-3

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/apt.git (read-only)
Package Base: apt
Description: Command-line package manager used on Debian-based systems
Upstream URL: http://packages.debian.org
Keywords: debian lib management package
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: apt-git
Provides: apt-utils, libapt-inst, libapt-pkg, libapt-pkg-dev
Replaces: apt-git
Submitter: JonnyJD
Maintainer: ProfessorKaos64
Last Packager: ProfessorKaos64
Votes: 25
Popularity: 0.882059
First Submitted: 2013-01-27 01:20
Last Updated: 2016-12-14 00:27

Pinned Comments

ProfessorKaos64 commented on 2016-12-13 18:46

Adopted. PKGBUILD now uses cmake. Please report any issues here.

Latest Comments

ProfessorKaos64 commented on 2016-12-13 18:46

Adopted. PKGBUILD now uses cmake. Please report any issues here.

markzz commented on 2016-08-27 15:43

Okay, since the 1.3 prereleases are obviously not working well, I moved it back to 1.2.14 from Debian's GitHub mirror instead of Debian's regular place.

markzz commented on 2016-08-27 15:09

m3thodic: I get to the apt-man section and it fails.

m3thodic commented on 2016-08-26 08:04

This PKGBUILD succeeds in building apt with their new cmake build setup

https://gist.github.com/tonylambiris/d78d13586a48f28817b17c26b25c49bc

markzz commented on 2016-08-19 13:56

I did update the package to 1.3~rc2 and didn't test it then noticed that cmake is now used, so I'm in the process of changing this so that it will work. Sorry for this...

chungy commented on 2016-07-26 12:26

pacman will consider 1.3~pre2 to be a newer version than 1.3, this would make updating the package difficult in the future. See the "vercmp" utility for testing version comparisons.

As a workaround, pacman understands 1.3pre2 as an older version than 1.3, and you might want to change to that.

Nickellick commented on 2016-07-22 11:17

Hi guys!
Source of package (1.2.14) is outdated, it's not avaliable now.
So, yaourt can't make package (error 404)
When i tried to change source link in PKGBUILD, makepkg says that checksums do not match.
Sorry for my English!
And, I'm newbie here, so maybe I do something wrong. :(
Thanks!

markzz commented on 2016-07-11 21:26

monochromec: That's a good thing to talk to upstream about. This package builds fine and runs as expected (I can still build things against the library). The "missing" localization files is a minor thing and all goes well in the end. Since v1.3 is still in the prerelease stage, I'm not going to upgrade this to that version and I have therefore unflagged the package.

This package builds on a clean Arch system and is in no need of changing.

monochromec commented on 2016-07-11 13:51

In case you come across coopstah13 observation in version 2.1.14 of the package wrt to the missing language subdirectories in doc, simply add the following
line to the PKGBUILD:

sed -i -e 's|for dir in en $(dir $(DOCDIRLIST))|for dir in en|' doc/makefile

before the configure invocation in build(). This will remove the additional languages from the makefile creation process and only build the English one.

rpodgorny commented on 2016-05-16 09:13

please update or orphan. thank you...

All comments