Package Details: assaultcube-client 1.3.0.2-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/assaultcube.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: assaultcube
Description: A game based on the open-source AssaultCube first-person shooter (FPS)
Upstream URL: https://assault.cubers.net/
Licenses: custom, zlib
Submitter: patlefort
Maintainer: patlefort
Last Packager: patlefort
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.000847
First Submitted: 2021-12-05 10:33 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-05-15 23:48 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

dujemiha commented on 2022-01-28 20:18 (UTC) (edited on 2022-01-28 20:18 (UTC) by dujemiha)

That's a very recent addition

I'm not so sure. I had previously downloaded a 1.3.0.0 tarball and it too had #define PRODUCTION commented. This PKGBUILD worked back then because it just downloaded the binaries (which are properly compiled) and moved them around to the right locations, but once it began using the source with I assume 1.3.0.1 this happened.

I hope that they can use a proper build system in the future.

Maybe one day...

patlefort commented on 2022-01-28 19:46 (UTC)

Fixed, thanks. According to (https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/blob/v1.3.0.1/source/dev_tools/packaging_guide.txt) I have to uncomment that line. That's a very recent addition and a really not good way of doing things. I hope that they can use a proper build system in the future.

dujemiha commented on 2022-01-28 19:05 (UTC)

It appears that even though upstream commit bb43045 supposedly fixed this issue, in cube.h on line 68 #define PRODUCTION remains commented, which causes the master server browser to break because it attempts to connect to the master server for the Git version. This should be fixed with a sed in the PKGBUILD until upstream fixes it properly.

patlefort commented on 2022-01-18 22:05 (UTC)

I removed armv7h from arch. Also, note that you have to use CLANG_CFLAGS and CLANG_CXXFLAGS. I opted for that because some flags aren't compatible with clang. You can add:

export CLANG_CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export CLANG_CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS"

to your makepkg.conf.

rufous commented on 2022-01-18 11:23 (UTC)

Neither assaultcube-client nor assaultcube-server work with armv7h. Tested on RPI4 (4GB)

dujemiha commented on 2021-12-26 13:24 (UTC)

As of v1.3.0.0 AssaultCube no longer uses or depends on SDL 1, update the PKGBUILD accordingly.

patlefort commented on 2021-12-19 16:58 (UTC)

I added armv7h in arch list and changed binaries to be named native_client/server. I'm keeping the _srcdir because it's my standard way of packaging and usually source archives are supposed to have a sub folder. That one is just badly packaged in its archive. Previous versions had a sub folder.

patlefort commented on 2021-12-16 13:29 (UTC)

Should be fixed now.