Package Details: brim 0.30.0-5

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/brim.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: brim
Description: Desktop application to efficiently search and analyze super-structured data. Powered by Zed.
Upstream URL: https://www.brimsecurity.com/download/
Licenses: custom
Submitter: orvyx
Maintainer: orvyx
Last Packager: orvyx
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.003730
First Submitted: 2021-03-14 10:29 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-06-22 04:44 (UTC)

Latest Comments

orvyx commented on 2022-06-22 04:47 (UTC) (edited on 2022-06-22 04:48 (UTC) by orvyx)

I moved the symlink step to a post_install and post_upgrade. Now '/opt/Brim/brim' should get a correct symlink to '/usr/bin/brim'. This file also gets cleaned-up on uninstall. Upgrade to release 0.30.0-5.

orvyx commented on 2022-06-22 03:54 (UTC) (edited on 2022-06-22 03:57 (UTC) by orvyx)

I have updated the PKGBUILD. It should work now. The reason the package version was wrong (2 vs 3) was simply because I forgot to update that number on the last version. I made sure to update it in this latest release, as well as updated Brim to v0.30.0. The correct version should be 0.30.0-4.

Rage commented on 2022-05-24 17:40 (UTC)

Something wrong with package release version: AUR 0.29.0-2 PKGBUILD 0.29.0-3

AUR bug?

tasman commented on 2021-11-12 18:19 (UTC) (edited on 2021-11-12 18:20 (UTC) by tasman)

Hey man, I already edit your PKGBUILD, but i cannot push it ...

# Maintainer: Drew S. Ortega <orvyx@protonmail.com>
pkgname=Brim
pkgver=0.27.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Desktop application to efficiently search large packet captures and Zeek logs."
arch=('x86_64')
url="https://www.brimsecurity.com/download/"
license=('custom')
depends=('gtk3' 'libnotify' 'nss' 'libxss' 'libxtst' 'xdg-utils' 'at-spi2-core' 'glib2')
optdepends=('lsb-release' 'libgnome-keyring' 'pulseaudio')
source=("https://github.com/brimdata/brim/releases/download/v${pkgver}/${pkgname}-${pkgver}.deb"
"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/brimsec/brim/v${pkgver}/LICENSE.txt"
)
noextract=("${pkgname}-${pkgver}.deb")
sha256sums=('a531b565bb2d5cc8651c661eea70035330ab1c43bbbe08b97e8ce4b51ed19beb'
            'a8b360eb5a0cf91c98f39fd4259d09263d883222a8be42b0ee77ad80937e86ac')

package() {
        # extract to pkgdir
        bsdtar -O -xf "${pkgname}-${pkgver}.deb" data.tar.xz | bsdtar -C "${pkgdir}" -xJf -

        # remove debian-specific files
        rm -rf "${pkgdir}/usr/share/lintian"

        # install LICENSE.txt
        install -dm755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}"
        install "LICENSE.txt" "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}"
}

Hope it will help...