Package Details: brogue 1.7.4-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/brogue.git (read-only)
Package Base: brogue
Description: A 26-level dungeon crawl to the Amulet of Yendor.
Upstream URL: http://sites.google.com/site/broguegame/
Licenses: AGPL3
Submitter: None
Maintainer: keenerd
Last Packager: keenerd
Votes: 49
Popularity: 1.829071
First Submitted: 2010-10-14 09:15
Last Updated: 2017-04-08 14:35

Latest Comments

rudregues commented on 2017-07-22 19:50

@keenerd your PKGBUILD is i386 set:
source=(https://sites.google.com/site/broguegame/brogue-1.7.4-linux-i386.tbz2
'brogue.sh')
instead of
source=(https://sites.google.com/site/broguegame/brogue-1.7.4-linux-amd64.tbz2
'brogue.sh')
and
md5sums=('8ef1d4b985b4e73685f52db80200262c'
'9de3fa32ba7fe562b0224417eaea5c26')
instead of
md5sums=('b2883ee83528f703dbc20b2fb30d6105'
'9de3fa32ba7fe562b0224417eaea5c26')

winny commented on 2017-04-13 15:11

Thanks for updating this package. If you have any feedback on libtcod-151, I'd be interested - it's only for this package, after all.

keenerd commented on 2017-04-08 14:35

Thanks for making the 151 package.

Libtcod sadly has zero official docs for 1.6.X. Not even any corrections or updates to the doxygen stuff in the source repo. Patching out the SDL1 stuff works, but then instantly segfaults. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of that.

winny commented on 2017-04-06 09:29

I've packaged libtcod version 1.5.1 specifically for brogue as libtcod-151, and it now works with this patch to brogue's PKGBUILD. I'm not 100% confident my changes are within the AUR guidelines, so please let me know what needs to be improved upon. This package has been broken for ages, if you would like me to take over this package, I'm your guy.

https://gist.github.com/02d3971389af549cb2a6a2febece2f4b

winny commented on 2017-03-23 17:56

Removing the sed lines doesn't appear to work for me:

https://gist.github.com/winny-/f9cb9f0dc9ac0686e3b66616504c8863

Do we need to update the AUR PKGBUILD for libtcod?

sediment commented on 2017-03-11 13:57

Brogue doesn't currently compile with the version of libtcod in the AUR. But it ships with the version of libtcod that it needs and its makefile will use it by default. Currently, the PKGBUILD edits the makefile to have it use the version from the AUR. Commenting out the two sed lines that operate on the makefile in build() in the PKGBUILD seems to fix it.

Derpdiherp commented on 2016-11-12 20:19

Hi, brogue is currently segfaulting when starting a new game, is there a patch available?

/usr/bin/brogue: line 6: 6492 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./brogue "$@"

Anonymous comment on 2014-09-07 14:48

Hi, I updated your PKGBUILD to add the .desktop file:

https://gist.github.com/gileri/b325a87ff2a0e6763f51

Could you add my modifications ? It would make the game easier to launch. Thanks !

keenerd commented on 2014-08-25 01:44

prurigro: Thanks. Still sorting the patches out. I'm getting some segfaults and saves/recordings appear in $pwd. Hopefully I can fix those soon.

prurigro commented on 2014-08-13 07:53

I updated the package to tweak the sources so they only use /usr/share/brogue for data files, create /var/games/brogue with the score, keymap and RecordingDescription.txt files using tmpfiles.d, compile the binary with it aware of the absolute path locations of where all the files now are, and install the binary @ /usr/bin/brogue (I essentially implemented the TODO in the current package.)

I'll keep this link up until the changes get pulled in: http://96.126.108.7:90/brogue-1.7.4-1.src.tar.gz

Cheers!

All comments