Package Details: cabbage-git 2.0.03r1268-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/cabbage-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: cabbage-git
Description: A framework for audio software development
Upstream URL: http://cabbageaudio.com/
Licenses: GPLv3
Conflicts: cabbage
Provides: cabbage
Submitter: ech
Maintainer: ech (spinnylights)
Last Packager: spinnylights
Votes: 0
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2018-03-24 19:10
Last Updated: 2018-10-02 17:27

Latest Comments

spinnylights commented on 2018-06-16 04:55

Okay, the pull quest has been accepted, so I went ahead and updated the package accordingly.

spinnylights commented on 2018-06-01 13:02

Ah lovely. Sorry again about that. :P

Sure, that's fine! ^_^ I'll update the package if/when it's accepted.

ech commented on 2018-05-30 12:37

Hi!

Thanks for this! I added desktop entries to package().

Also, I added you as a co-maintainer in case you’d want to update the package after the pull request. Feel free to sign out if you’d like :)

Cheers, Ech

spinnylights commented on 2018-05-30 10:16

Hi!

I hope it's okay—I ended up submitting a pull request since I offered to on the Cabbage forum before I saw your reply (see http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/chnset-not-working-cabbage-wide/1064 if you're curious). All that it really consists of is changing the Linux buildCabbage script in the manner of the patch I wrote, adding some status messages to it, and adding a separate install script that can take arguments to change the destination paths. If accepted I hope it doesn't get in your way and simplifies the PKGBUILD.

Also, rather embarassingly, I realize I left the desktop entries out of the package() function in the PKGBUILD I modified. They're handled properly in the pull request, but in the meantime I think you could just bring back the lines from the previous PKGBUILD to remedy that. My apologies.

Sure thing for the files by the way!

Best, spinnylights

ech commented on 2018-05-26 17:49

Hey @spinnylights,

Yes, the buildCabbage script is a pain in the ass. I’m going to try to make it more packager-friendly and submit as a pull-request. I want at least to separate installation and packaging (i.e. copying build targets to a dedicated dir).

Will post updates here on this.

Btw, check the cabbage AUR (not cabbage-git), it should work (I have it installed since around two weeks ago).

Cheers, Ech

EDIT: Meanwhile I updated the package with your files. Thanks!

spinnylights commented on 2018-05-26 08:30

The fix_default_dirs.patch is no longer needed; the problem it's meant to address has been corrected upstream and it's now breaking the build.

Also, the upstream Linux cabbageBuild script isn't set up to play nice with a package manager right now; it tries to copy each built file into the system directories itself as they're built and then deletes them before going on to the next step, so most of the files are missing by the time pacman is ready to try to copy them over. I let Rory know, but in the meantime I wrote this patch for buildCabbage: https://milky.flowers/misc/cabbage-git/buildCabbage.patch and this slightly modified PKGBUILD: https://milky.flowers/misc/cabbage-git/PKGBUILD and was able to successfully install Cabbage that way.