Package Details: cdecl 2.5-3

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/cdecl.git (read-only)
Package Base: cdecl
Description: Translation between C declarations and pseudo-English
Upstream URL: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/c/
Licenses: Public Domain
Submitter: galdor
Maintainer: aksr
Last Packager: aksr
Votes: 36
Popularity: 0.144656
First Submitted: 2008-07-02 09:53
Last Updated: 2015-07-16 14:52

Dependencies (1)

Required by (0)

Sources (4)

Latest Comments

aksr commented on 2015-07-16 14:54

jarmar: Thanks, fixed.

jarmar commented on 2015-07-16 12:39

I'm getting the following error (and a few more on the same subject) when trying to build:

cdecl.c: In function ‘mbcheck’:
cdecl.c:243:24: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘restrict’
register int i, j, restrict;
^

This is likely due to gcc changing the default standard from gnu90 to gnu11 in version 5.1, making restrict a reserved word. Adding -std=gnu90 to CFLAGS made it build properly for me.

aksr commented on 2015-01-23 22:01

Updated. ;)

cb73 commented on 2015-01-23 21:44

I'm getting the following error when trying to build this package:

==> Building and installing package
==> ERROR: Missing package() function in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-claudio/aur-cdecl/./PKGBUILD
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build cdecl.

I had split the make install out of the build() function into the package() function and it worked.

cmb commented on 2011-04-14 14:16

I replaced the ftp link with http://www.ibiblio.org.
Works well now! Thanks for your report.

cmb commented on 2011-04-14 14:09

There seems to be a problem with metalab's ftp server.
I get "connection refused" when opening the PASV data connection.
I'll keep investigating; maybe I can find a better source link.

kralyk commented on 2011-04-14 13:46

Is it just me or is the source link dead?

cmb commented on 2010-09-05 19:42

Ok, thanks!
I updated it.

galdor commented on 2010-09-05 19:22

Sorry, I wasn't available the last days. I'm not using cdecl anymore and don't have the time to make an update before a day or two. I disowned the package so that you can update it. Good job by the way!

cmb commented on 2010-09-04 08:39

I made the following changes to the PKGBUILD.

* Remove termcap-compat from dependencies, and adjusted the
LIBS variable in the Makefile accordingly.

* Install manpages under $pkgdir/usr/share/man, rather than
$pkgdir/usr/man.

* Replace references to $startdir/src and $startdir/pkg with $srcdir and
$pkgdir, respectively.

* Fix the internal getline function, so that it doesn't conflict with
the getline from glibc. The internal one is now called our_getline.

* Added x86_64 to the arch array, because it probably builds on that
architecture. I say probably, because I'm still on i686.

You can find the new files at
http://the-brannons.com/cdecl.tar.gz

All comments