Package Details: cdecl 2.5-3

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: cdecl
Description: Translation between C declarations and pseudo-English
Upstream URL:
Licenses: Public Domain
Submitter: galdor
Maintainer: aksr
Last Packager: aksr
Votes: 35
Popularity: 0.000579
First Submitted: 2008-07-02 09:53
Last Updated: 2015-07-16 14:52

Latest Comments

aksr commented on 2015-07-16 14:54

jarmar: Thanks, fixed.

jarmar commented on 2015-07-16 12:39

I'm getting the following error (and a few more on the same subject) when trying to build:

cdecl.c: In function ‘mbcheck’:
cdecl.c:243:24: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘restrict’
register int i, j, restrict;

This is likely due to gcc changing the default standard from gnu90 to gnu11 in version 5.1, making restrict a reserved word. Adding -std=gnu90 to CFLAGS made it build properly for me.

aksr commented on 2015-01-23 22:01

Updated. ;)

cb73 commented on 2015-01-23 21:44

I'm getting the following error when trying to build this package:

==> Building and installing package
==> ERROR: Missing package() function in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-claudio/aur-cdecl/./PKGBUILD
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build cdecl.

I had split the make install out of the build() function into the package() function and it worked.

cmb commented on 2011-04-14 14:16

I replaced the ftp link with
Works well now! Thanks for your report.

cmb commented on 2011-04-14 14:09

There seems to be a problem with metalab's ftp server.
I get "connection refused" when opening the PASV data connection.
I'll keep investigating; maybe I can find a better source link.

kralyk commented on 2011-04-14 13:46

Is it just me or is the source link dead?

cmb commented on 2010-09-05 19:42

Ok, thanks!
I updated it.

galdor commented on 2010-09-05 19:22

Sorry, I wasn't available the last days. I'm not using cdecl anymore and don't have the time to make an update before a day or two. I disowned the package so that you can update it. Good job by the way!

cmb commented on 2010-09-04 08:39

I made the following changes to the PKGBUILD.

* Remove termcap-compat from dependencies, and adjusted the
LIBS variable in the Makefile accordingly.

* Install manpages under $pkgdir/usr/share/man, rather than

* Replace references to $startdir/src and $startdir/pkg with $srcdir and
$pkgdir, respectively.

* Fix the internal getline function, so that it doesn't conflict with
the getline from glibc. The internal one is now called our_getline.

* Added x86_64 to the arch array, because it probably builds on that
architecture. I say probably, because I'm still on i686.

You can find the new files at

cmb commented on 2010-09-04 07:54

This won't build.
The first problem is that it requires termcap-compat, which is no longer
I think you can just remove that from the dependency list.

The second problem is the getline function.
cdecl uses an internal function named getline.
It isn't the same function provided by glibc. It doesn't even have the
same prototype. We should probably patch the package, renaming the
internal getline to something else.