Package Details: chromium-vaapi 68.0.3440.106-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: chromium-vaapi
Description: Chromium compiled with VA-API support for Intel Graphics
Upstream URL:
Keywords: browser web
Licenses: BSD
Conflicts: chromium
Provides: chromium
Submitter: samcv
Maintainer: OneObsession (maximbaz)
Last Packager: maximbaz
Votes: 46
Popularity: 6.139479
First Submitted: 2016-07-09 09:44
Last Updated: 2018-08-09 08:59

Dependencies (45)

Required by (33)

Sources (11)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

MrKMG commented on 2018-08-10 14:39

@ArchangeGabriel wow.. I totally forgot about that. I have been using my laptop for so long and didn't even check the wiki for the new machine. I guess I need to check my confidence a little here.

Thank you for the feedback!

ArchangeGabriel commented on 2018-08-09 21:09

@MrKMG: Patch and make are part of base-devel. If they are not on your system, then it means you are not following the instructions for using the AUR.

glib.h is indeed provided by glib2 in the repo. Not sure why you are having an issue here, maybe yet another missing package from base-devel.

MrKMG commented on 2018-08-09 20:31

I tried building this on a fresh arch install and ran into the following problems:

I had to install "patch" and "make" manually. Maybe those should be added to the dependencies?

Once I got past that, I ran into launcher.c:5:10: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory

I tried installing glib2 and glib (From AUR), but neither provided the needed header files.

Not sure where to go from here.

maximbaz commented on 2018-08-08 20:53

68.0.3440.107 Released

Gotta wait until extra/chromium updates first.

also, latest icu 62.1-1 update seems to make 68.0.3440.84 unable to launch.

Yup, you have to rebuild this package :)

maximbaz commented on 2018-08-04 20:17

Strange, I never experienced this issue, and I don't have python2-protobuf or python-protobuf installed. Also, this PKGBUILD is following the PKGBUILD of extra/chromium [1], and they also don't have python2-protobuf as a dependency.


VerruckteFuchs commented on 2018-08-04 20:07

I think the PKGBUILD is missing a dependency. I'm getting an error while compiling:

[9515/30939] ACTION //third_party/dom_distiller_js:dom_distiller_proto_gen(//build/toolchain/linux/unbundle:default) FAILED: gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller.pb.h gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/ pyproto/third_party/dom_distiller_js/ gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js/dom_distiller_json_converter.h /usr/bin/python2 ../../tools/protoc_wrapper/ dom_distiller.proto --protoc ./protoc --proto-in-dir ../../third_party/dom_distiller_js/dist/proto --cc-out-dir gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js --py-out-dir pyproto/third_party/dom_distiller_js --plugin ../../third_party/dom_distiller_js/protoc_plugins/ --plugin-out-dir gen/third_party/dom_distiller_js --plugin-options output_dir=: Traceback (most recent call last): File "../../third_party/dom_distiller_js/protoc_plugins/", line 14, in <module> from util import plugin_protos, types, writer File "/var/cache/pacman/custom/chromium-vaapi/src/chromium-68.0.3440.84/third_party/dom_distiller_js/protoc_plugins/util/", line 22, in <module> from google.protobuf.descriptor_pb2 import FieldDescriptorProto ImportError: No module named protobuf.descriptor_pb2 --plugin_out: protoc-gen-plugin: Plugin failed with status code 1. Protoc has returned non-zero status: 1 [9520/30939] CXX obj/third_party/cld_3/src/src/cld_3/nnet_language_identifier.o ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed. ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build(). Aborting...</module></module>

Installing the python2-protobuf package prevented the error from reoccurring and chromium-vaapi compiled normally.

hellbanger commented on 2018-08-04 03:09

@Plex Does native-gpu-memory-buffers work on Linux?

maximbaz commented on 2018-08-03 09:26

Hmm today I rebooted and GPU acceleration doesn't work anymore, not exactly sure what happened. Will revert the commit as previously suggested then.

Plex commented on 2018-08-03 08:01

@maximbaz Using these flags: "--ppapi-flash-version= --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/PepperFlash/ --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers --flag-switches-begin --enable-accelerated-mjpeg-decode --enable-accelerated-video --enable-gpu-rasterization --ignore-gpu-blacklist --flag-switches-end"

Which are currently giving me GPU accel just fine on 3440.75, if I update to 3440.84 (and use either these same flags or a new blank profile) the whole GPU acceleration (not just video, everything, including compositing/rasterization etc) stops working and goes into software only, giving me that "GPU access is disabled in chrome://settings." message.

What I meant by the chrome thing is that using 68.0.3440.84-1 from does give me GPU accel just fine (obviously no gpu video decode) so it must be something about this package and not just the version update.

orlondow commented on 2018-08-03 07:55

I have the same problem: "GPU process was unable to boot: GPU access is disabled in chrome://settings" (HD 620 here). I checked my flags and everything seems to be in order. A downgrade to 68.0.3440.75 fixes the issue (also using the -bin version).