Package Details: chromium-widevine 1:

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: chromium-widevine
Description: A browser plugin designed for the viewing of premium video content
Upstream URL:
Keywords: amazon chrome netflix prime
Licenses: custom:chrome
Submitter: Scimmia
Maintainer: Scimmia
Last Packager: Scimmia
Votes: 217
Popularity: 15.137365
First Submitted: 2015-04-17 05:05
Last Updated: 2017-03-29 20:04

Pinned Comments

Scimmia commented on 2016-03-03 03:12

There are no more 32-bit builds of Chrome on Linux. I've pinned the i686 download to the last version available; currently it is the same plugin as the current package. This could (and likely will) change in the future, and i686 users will be stuck on the current version. While it works, I suggest upgrading to a 64-bit system whenever it's feasible.

Scimmia commented on 2015-04-21 03:02

FYI, I've got updates for this package set on a timer. When there's a new chrome, this package should be automatically updated within 3 hours at the most. No need to notify me of a 404 download error.

Latest Comments

salm commented on 2017-03-27 15:04

Can someone be so kind and respond to my previous question? I'm stuck here.

salm commented on 2017-03-24 13:35

Scimmia, 'google-chrome' cannot be installed on armv7 but I've installed Ubuntu with chromium on my armv7 device and it supports Widevnie. Would that help? can I re-purpose the '' file that I see in the Ubuntu installation onto my arch-linux build?
Thanks very much

Scimmia commented on 2017-03-23 03:07

Does it work on Chrome on ARMv7? If not, there's nothing we can do.

salm commented on 2017-03-23 02:54

polyzen, I tried that first but this didn't work. It seemed as if it wouldn't download the binaries. I see that the Debian distro has widevine for armhf:
Is there any way I can utilze that?
I see that in the Debian package there's only a file. No file.

polyzen commented on 2017-03-23 01:06

If it already works with ARMv7, you could build the package with this option:

salm commented on 2017-03-23 00:58

Do you have any plans for adding support for ARMv7?
If not, how can I go about doing this myself?

digitalone commented on 2017-02-20 09:05

That's awesome! I can see Premium Play on Linux with this plugin. I wanted this for years. Thanks a lot!

Scimmia commented on 2017-02-02 04:11

In the nearly 2 years this package has existed, the license has changed twice. That's it. Putting the chromever on it so that people potentially have dozens of copies of the same thing sitting around makes no sense to me. I wouldn't think cleaning the cache once a year would be such an issue.

bulletmark commented on 2017-02-01 00:47

@Scimmia did not reply to my query so perhaps I was not clear. The chrome-eula_test.html file sometimes changes between versions but since pacaur caches the file it does not download it again and then it fails the sha256 check when we do a regular update of our AUR packages, as @tkei reports below. This problem can be avoided if the source download name is changed in the PKGBUILD to chrome-eula_text-${_chrome_ver}.html.

bulletmark commented on 2017-01-27 22:07

@Scimmia, perhaps in the PKGBUILD you should tack _chrome_ver on the downloaded chrome-eula_text.html file name because pacaur caches this file and so doing a regular update fails with a checksum error, as @tkei reports below and as I have experienced this time and previous times. We have to delete the pacaur cache so the update can work (or use yaourt!).

All comments