Package Details: chromium-widevine 1:4.10.1440.18-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/chromium-widevine.git (read-only)
Package Base: chromium-widevine
Description: A browser plugin designed for the viewing of premium video content
Upstream URL: https://www.widevine.com/
Keywords: amazon chrome netflix prime qt5 webengine
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: chromium-widevine-dev
Provides: chromium-widevine-dev=4.10.1440.18
Submitter: Scimmia
Maintainer: Scimmia
Last Packager: Scimmia
Votes: 350
Popularity: 7.672725
First Submitted: 2015-04-17 05:05
Last Updated: 2019-07-16 00:01

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next › Last »

fightcookie commented on 2018-08-16 10:06

Please change the source url from google to TLS encrypted https variant, tested it and works! Thanks :)

But there is a checksum error:

==> Validating source files with sha1sums... eula_text.html ... FAILED google-chrome-unstable-70.0.3521.2-1.x86_64.rpm ... Passed ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

gaboflowers commented on 2018-08-10 03:25

I modified both the eula_text.html name in the source and install script, and the source web path, achieving nothing.

I ended up deleting the eula lines and hash entirely from the PKGBUILD.

jmoya commented on 2018-08-03 16:18

Para corregir el error sha256sum solo hay que modificar el PKGBUILD

sha256sums=('8a0e9057c2a27bfcc74e210b848e6824e3c6c8f41232ca034362bcddfb95acbd' '570a397d6ae062393a04554f0e371cf2209d7eee176fc8dc0bdfb43c6a38f2be')

Plexcon commented on 2018-08-02 15:49

==> Validating source files with sha256sums ...      chrome-eula_text.html ... HAS FAILED      google-chrome-stable_68.0.3440.84-1_amd64.deb ... Approved ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validation control!

artemis_clyde commented on 2018-08-02 08:57

I solved it for now by manually checking and altering the sha256 sum of the current eula_text.html in the PKGBUILD.

juliohm commented on 2018-07-29 02:22

Today when I tried to watch Netflix, I got this missing component error, it was working before:

Error Code: M7702-1003

We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button.

I am on Chromium instead and this package from AUR was working nicely. Any update recently that may have broken things?

bradsk88 commented on 2018-07-28 15:18

Seems like the old Chromium eula file gets left behind and the installer tries to keep using it.

I ended up fixing this by running pacaur -Sc to remove untracked files.

MonsterMannen commented on 2018-07-27 15:05

Validity check fails at every update when using aurman.

itaton commented on 2018-07-25 07:10

I don't think it's the helper's fault: I'm using yay.

I had to do the same change as mapolidori (the browser subdirectory was already removed - so I only had to change chrome-eula_text.html:: to eula_text.html::) and additionally I obviously had to change the last line from install -Dm644 chrome-eula_text.html [...] to install -Dm644 eula_text.html [...]

After that the update went perfectly fine

Scimmia commented on 2018-07-18 01:54

Whatever helper you two are using is doing totally idiotic things. The changes mapolidori mentions wouldn't even result in a functioning PKGBUILD.