Package Details: contextfree 3.0.9-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/contextfree.git (read-only)
Package Base: contextfree
Description: A program that generates images from written instructions called a grammar
Upstream URL: http://www.contextfreeart.org/
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: None
Maintainer: dkasak
Last Packager: dkasak
Votes: 14
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2007-09-26 04:51
Last Updated: 2016-09-23 10:54

Latest Comments

dkasak commented on 2015-04-19 09:30

Updated to 3.0.8. Sorry for taking a bit longer, the out-of-date notification from AUR got misplaced.

privong commented on 2015-03-30 16:00

3.0.8 is available: http://www.contextfreeart.org/mediawiki/index.php/Download_page

Direct link to the tgz: http://www.contextfreeart.org/download/ContextFreeSource3.0.8.tgz

dkasak commented on 2012-08-17 18:43

There is a bug in the latest (Linux) version of contextfree which makes it always try to generate a MOV file instead of a plain PNG/SVG. I've patched around it in the PKGBUILD until I contact the maintainer and he releases a bugfix version.

hilton commented on 2012-01-31 17:33

Ok, disowned them for you. Happy aur'ing!

dkasak commented on 2012-01-31 17:10

Sure, sign them over.

hilton commented on 2012-01-28 19:34

Hello dkasak, I believe the convention in this case is to make a new legacy package 'contextfree2' from this one, and updating this to the new version. I have done that and you can have both versions installed without conflict. Also, if you want to maintain these contextfree packages just say so and I will disown them for you, I'm all in to share the work ;)

Legacy:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56185

Cheers

dkasak commented on 2012-01-28 16:07

Version 3 is in beta and the developer recommends using it instead of the old one.
However, it makes backward incompatible syntax changes.
Will you be updating to this new version or should we consider a separate package?

dkasak commented on 2012-01-28 16:07

Version 3 is in beta and the developer recommends using it instead of the old one.
However, it makes backward incompatible syntax changes.
Will you be updating to this new version or should we consider a separate package?

dkasak commented on 2012-01-28 16:06

Version 3 is in beta and the developer recommends using it instead of the old one. However, it makes backward incompatible syntax changes. Will you be updating to this new version or should we consider a separate package?

hilton commented on 2011-12-22 16:51

Hello, I don't know why this came up only now but it was missing a link to libm.
I added a small sed patch on the Makefile and it is working for me now, see if it
works for you. Thanks for warning!

Cheers

Anonymous comment on 2011-12-22 16:24

I got this error:

/usr/bin/ld: objs/builder.o: undefined reference to symbol 'tan@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'tan@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cfdg] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...

How to fix that?

hilton commented on 2010-11-09 21:22

I hadn't update the package because it was just fixes for Windows and MacOSX, but since it was
requested, I did it now.
Surprisingly, there was 2 new fresh issues for us. I needed to patch yglue.h to use int instead of size_t,
because flex, at least ours, declares yyget_leng like this.

The other issue was that the folder inside the tgz has a '.tgz' in the end. Then makepkg uncompress that archive
and overwrites the symlink to the archive with the folder, the next calls to makepkg will result in failure to create the
symlink because the folder has the same name. But anyway, if it bites you, just delete the src/ folder
before calling makepkg again (if you ever need to). No big deal.

See if it works for you,
Cheers

hilton commented on 2010-09-11 23:01

Updated to 2.2.1!

Anonymous comment on 2010-04-26 12:48

For 2.2.1 just change the pkgver to "2.2.1", remove references to the patch and change the md5sum (for the tarball) to "e9cc2acb195aaa1098781d061e0a4311".