Package Details: curaengine-git 1:r7396.3aa04cf8-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: curaengine-git
Description: CuraEngine is a powerful, fast and robust engine for processing 3D models into 3D printing instruction for Ultimaker and other GCode based 3D printers. It is part of the larger open source project called Cura.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Conflicts: curaengine
Provides: curaengine
Submitter: ad1217
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: ad1217
Votes: 7
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2015-10-16 20:56 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2020-03-01 19:15 (UTC)

Dependencies (3)

Required by (3)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

EndlessEden commented on 2023-10-07 04:34 (UTC)

Wont build atm, due to configuration being switched away from cmake.

crust123 commented on 2019-07-08 22:09 (UTC) (edited on 2019-07-08 22:10 (UTC) by crust123)

GCC 9 seems to break curaengine. Fedora project has a patch to sort this out:

A working PKGBUILD changes:

source=('git+' '')

md5sums=('SKIP' 'SKIP')

And addition of:

prepare() { cd "$srcdir/CuraEngine" patch --strip=1 --input=../CuraEngine-gcc9.patch }

Rhinoceros commented on 2017-08-19 08:01 (UTC)

@ad1217 No worries; I just wanted it fixed! Yes, it's not ideal, and you make good point. However, I think your solution is reasonable. Thanks for the add too.

ad1217 commented on 2017-08-18 05:22 (UTC)

@Rhinoceros So sorry I missed your messages, I've now switched to using the revision number for versioning. I was trying to come up with a better way, as bumping the tag to 'feature_sanding_basic...' would really only be a temporary fix. (Although honestly, I was really hoping they would just fix the tag in the repository). Again, really sorry that I didn't see your messages earlier!

Rhinoceros commented on 2017-08-13 09:27 (UTC)

This still needs to be fixed. Please orphan the package if you have no interest in maintaining it. It's causing problems when I upgrade to the latest cura-git and curaengine-git lags behind.

Rhinoceros commented on 2017-07-30 22:14 (UTC)

The hard-coded pkgver causes problems. The PKGBUILD installs as `feature_sanding_basic.320.gd1ef76e0-1`, which is correctly based on the most recent tag. However, this version is less than the hard-coded ``, so pacman considers the AUR version to be newer than the installed version. I think a solution might be to hard-code the pkgver as less or the same as the latest tag, i.e. change it to `feature_sanding_basic.320.gd1ef76e0`. You'll probably need to bump epoch then.