Package Details: deadbeef-plugin-lyricbar-git r66.g39b9568-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/deadbeef-plugin-lyricbar-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: deadbeef-plugin-lyricbar-git
Description: DeaDBeeF lyric bar plugin
Upstream URL: https://github.com/C0rn3j/deadbeef-lyricbar
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: dpirate
Maintainer: dpirate
Last Packager: dpirate
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.071413
First Submitted: 2019-01-26 06:39
Last Updated: 2019-01-28 03:00

Dependencies (5)

Required by (0)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

C0rn3j commented on 2019-06-16 15:11

Maybe make gtkmm and gtkmm3 hard deps? They seem to be a hard dependency rather than a soft one since this package builds both versions.

'Package 'gtkmm-2.4', required by 'virtual:world', not found'

Rinaldus commented on 2019-06-10 21:32

Lyrics database is too poor so this plugin is useless.

VolkMilit commented on 2019-01-28 13:50

Now works like a charm. Thanks! I'm also about to make package, but then notice you did the job.

C0rn3j commented on 2019-01-28 07:44

Yeah, it works just fine with stable. I also run git because I run into bugs not present in master, but switch back and forth occasionally if I need to make a bug report.

dpirate commented on 2019-01-28 02:52

If you tell me that it works with plain deadbeef, then I'll change it to that. I only use deadbeef-git and I suspected it might not work with regular deadbeef because there hasn't been a release for a long time.

EDIT: done

C0rn3j commented on 2019-01-27 23:53

Shouldn't the depends be for 'deadbeef' instead of 'deadbeef-git'? This way I can't use it for both.

[1] % sudo pacman -S deadbeef resolving dependencies... looking for conflicting packages... :: deadbeef and deadbeef-git are in conflict. Remove deadbeef-git? [y/N] y error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies) :: removing deadbeef-git breaks dependency 'deadbeef-git' required by deadbeef-plugin-lyricbar-git

dpirate commented on 2019-01-27 12:59

I was doing the 'lyricsbar-git' package and someone told me lyricsbar had been discontinued and 'lyricbar' was the new replacement. Works great btw!

C0rn3j commented on 2019-01-27 12:54

I was just about to make this package myself only to figure out someone was faster than me. How did you even find out about it?

You would be correct about the linking - https://github.com/loskutov/deadbeef-lyricbar/issues/5#issuecomment-457421206

dpirate commented on 2019-01-27 07:07

I found another easier way to fix the problem. I've updated the build. You can rebuild it and it should work now.

dpirate commented on 2019-01-27 05:54

So, I think I found the problem. I use Gtk+ 3, and lyricbar loads the Gtk+ 3 version of the plug-in just fine sometimes when the Gtk+ 3 plug-in ends up being loaded first. But I always get a warning that deadbeef can't load the Gtk+ 2 plugin. So I looked at the source code, and there are separate plugin ids when the plug-in is built either for Gtk+ 2 or Gtk+ 3. What is presumably happening here is that the Makefile has no dependencies for rebuilding the Gtk+ 2 version, so it just links the already built object files for Gtk+ 3 against gtkmm for Gtk+ 2 without changing the plug-in id. So the Gtk+ 2 plug-in ends up with the id of the Gtk+ 3 plug-in. I'm working on a patch to the Makefile to fix this.