Package Details: demlo 3.7.1-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/demlo.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: demlo
Description: A dynamic and extensible music library organizer
Upstream URL: http://ambrevar.bitbucket.io/demlo/
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: Ambrevar
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: Ambrevar
Votes: 9
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2014-07-01 16:01 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2017-12-28 11:27 (UTC)

Latest Comments

MarsSeed commented on 2022-02-11 12:52 (UTC)

Source has moved to Gitlab, latest release is v3.8:

https://gitlab.com/ambrevar/demlo/-/tags/v3.8

Ambrevar commented on 2018-02-17 20:47 (UTC)

I've just uploaded the -git PKGBUILD which I recommend instead of this one: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/demlo-git/.

Ambrevar commented on 2016-06-26 21:07 (UTC)

Updated, thanks man! ;)

runical commented on 2016-06-26 19:44 (UTC)

Hey man, your PKGBUILD needs git as a makedep for go to pull in the needed dependencies.

Ambrevar commented on 2016-01-11 06:57 (UTC)

Demlo's core was rewritten to Go, resulting in full Unicode support. Lua 3rd party depencies are gone.

Ambrevar commented on 2015-05-19 18:46 (UTC)

I am working on it. Demlo itself is fully compatible with lua5.3. But slnunicode needs to be ported first.

hawk07 commented on 2015-05-17 08:05 (UTC)

Does't work with Lua 5.3

Ambrevar commented on 2014-11-09 08:13 (UTC)

Fixed. Thanks!

sekret commented on 2014-11-08 21:07 (UTC)

This time for real! $ makepkg -sirfcL ==> Making package: demlo 1.4-1 (Sat Nov 8 22:03:20 CET 2014) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Downloading master.tar.bz2... % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 100 35564 100 35564 0 0 14662 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 14659 ==> Validating source files with sha1sums... master.tar.bz2 ... FAILED ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! $ updpkgsums ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found master.tar.bz2 ==> Generating checksums for source files... $ makepkg -sirfcL ==> Making package: demlo 1.4-1 (Sat Nov 8 22:03:36 CET 2014) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found master.tar.bz2 ==> Validating source files with sha1sums... master.tar.bz2 ... Passed ==> Extracting sources... -> Extracting master.tar.bz2 with bsdtar ==> Entering fakeroot environment... ==> Starting package()... /tmp/demlo/PKGBUILD: line 18: cd: /tmp/demlo/src/ambrevar-demlo-55589f740460: No such file or directory ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package(). Aborting...

Ambrevar commented on 2014-10-15 18:19 (UTC)

I'm quite unhappy with bitbucket packaging: no version number in the archive, but a commit ref inside the archive. Because of that, I need to update the commit ref on each release. A workaround is to publish a tarball manually, but that is not much more elegant... Any clue how to improve this? As for the _pkgname variable, this is because I use the same template for all my PKGBUILDs.

sekret commented on 2014-10-15 18:09 (UTC)

OH!!!! I get it now!!! The problem is, that the source file doesn't contain any kind of package version, so what I did is to just re-use the old one. A workaround would be to change the source line to source=($pkgname.$pkgver::https://bitbucket.org/ambrevar/$_pkgname/get/master.tar.bz2) but that's ugly too! The tarball's name should be different for every release! Isn't this possible with bitbucket? Oh and by the way, isn't _pkgname=demlo pkgname=$_pkgname VERY strange? :D

Ambrevar commented on 2014-10-15 08:35 (UTC)

The commit c2f2b168f8c6 you are downloading is not version 1.2. If I use your PKGBUILD it fails for me.

Ambrevar commented on 2014-10-15 08:32 (UTC)

Err, that is really strange. I always try my PKGBUILDs before making them public. I just tried again, it works flawlessly. It looks like you are not downloading the right package from Bitbucket somehow. Any clue about that?

sekret commented on 2014-10-15 06:51 (UTC)

$ makepkg -sirfcL ==> Making package: demlo 1.2-1 (Wed Oct 15 08:46:09 CEST 2014) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found master.tar.bz2 ==> Validating source files with sha1sums... master.tar.bz2 ... FAILED ==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check! $ updpkgsums ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found master.tar.bz2 ==> Generating checksums for source files... $ makepkg -sirfcL ==> Making package: demlo 1.2-1 (Wed Oct 15 08:47:01 CEST 2014) ==> Checking runtime dependencies... ==> Checking buildtime dependencies... ==> Retrieving sources... -> Found master.tar.bz2 ==> Validating source files with sha1sums... master.tar.bz2 ... Passed ==> Extracting sources... -> Extracting master.tar.bz2 with bsdtar ==> Entering fakeroot environment... ==> Starting package()... /tmp/demlo/PKGBUILD: line 18: cd: /tmp/demlo/src/ambrevar-demlo-cf604c23f9d0: No such file or directory ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package(). Aborting... Updated PKGBUILD, which works: http://codepad.org/6SrfXKOa (but you should set pkgrel=2 !!)