Package Details: dict-freedict-deu-eng 1.9_fd1-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: dict-freedict-deu-eng
Description: German -> English dictionary for dictd et al. from
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL, AGPL3
Submitter: respiranto
Maintainer: respiranto (plotters)
Last Packager: respiranto
Votes: 9
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2015-08-07 18:22 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-04-29 15:02 (UTC)

Dependencies (2)

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

d_fajardo commented on 2021-07-02 06:05 (UTC)

OK Thanks. I changed to the bin version.

respiranto commented on 2021-07-01 19:17 (UTC) (edited on 2021-07-01 19:17 (UTC) by respiranto)


The error can be ignored.

From the PKGBUILD:

  • Building this package takes very long (a day or so) and consumes quite a lot of RAM (> 4 GiB).
    • Consider to use the corresponding -bin package instead.

d_fajardo commented on 2021-07-01 18:57 (UTC)

Thanks for updating. However now I am being flagged by this error:

xsltproc --novalid --xinclude --stringparam dictname deu-eng --path >/home/brightchip/.cache/yay/dict-freedict-deu-eng/src/deu-eng/ >/usr/lib/freedict-tools/xsl/tei2c5.xsl build/tei/deu-eng-phonetics.tei >build/dictd/deu-eng.c5 XPath error : Memory allocation failed : growing nodeset hit limit

Then the installation just crawls for hours I've given up. Is there a way of fixing this?

respiranto commented on 2021-07-01 03:09 (UTC) (edited on 2021-07-01 03:31 (UTC) by respiranto)

Thanks for reporting!

I forgot to add a versioned dependency on freedict-tools-svn. And (more importantly), to push the adapted freedict-tools-svn.

d_fajardo commented on 2021-06-30 19:01 (UTC)

I can't build. I'm getting this error: - line 42: /usr/lib/freedict-tools/importers/ding2tei/preprocess/de-en/ No such file or directory

respiranto commented on 2020-01-06 16:51 (UTC)

Thanks for the notification. Done.

Ordoviz commented on 2019-12-30 17:32 (UTC)

The checksum needs to be updated again.

respiranto commented on 2018-09-07 17:06 (UTC)

Thanks for noting. I fixed this for now manually, by updating the checksum.

See also:

mcnesium commented on 2018-09-07 16:26 (UTC)


Building dict-freedict-deu-eng...
Cloning into 'dict-freedict-deu-eng'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 58, done.        
remote: Counting objects: 100% (58/58), done.        
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (51/51), done.        
remote: Total 58 (delta 22), reused 41 (delta 7)        
Unpacking objects: 100% (58/58), done.
==> Making package: dict-freedict-deu-eng 0.3.5-2 (Fr 07 Sep 2018 18:25:52 CEST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading freedict-deu-eng-0.3.5.src.tar.xz...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 1577k  100 1577k    0     0  1696k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1694k
==> Validating source files with sha512sums...
    freedict-deu-eng-0.3.5.src.tar.xz ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!


respiranto commented on 2018-03-31 22:54 (UTC)

I added it as dependency to freedict-tools. Thanks!