Package Details: doomseeker 1:1.4.1.r0.g973e20aa-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: doomseeker
Description: A cross-platform Doom server browser
Upstream URL:
Keywords: chocolate chocolate_doom doom doomseeker odamex sonic_robo_blast_2 turok_2_remaster zandronum
Licenses: LGPL
Submitter: Pol_M
Maintainer: Pol_M
Last Packager: Pol_M
Votes: 12
Popularity: 0.002940
First Submitted: 2018-02-23 17:41 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2023-06-14 07:39 (UTC)

Dependencies (10)

Required by (7)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

gromit commented on 2023-06-14 09:39 (UTC)

ah okey, then its just a bit weird ^^

Pol_M commented on 2023-06-14 08:42 (UTC)

It's named correctly, it fetches a specific release. It does not need the -git suffix.

Suffix pkgname with -cvs, -svn, -hg, -darcs, -bzr, -git etc. unless the package fetches a specific release.

While the pkgver is not necessary, it's convenient so I don't forget to update anything. If it does not cause any problems, it's staying there. If that changes, do let me know!

gromit commented on 2023-06-14 08:35 (UTC)

Its not causing problems but its named wrongly, see and respectively.

Pol_M commented on 2023-06-14 08:30 (UTC)

It was a more convenient transition from when we used mercurial for svn. Is it causing problems?

gromit commented on 2023-06-14 08:13 (UTC)

Why does this have a pkgver() function when its not a -git package?

Pol_M commented on 2022-08-02 20:09 (UTC)

I'll fix this during this weekend. Thanks for the report.

Technetium1 commented on 2022-08-02 19:47 (UTC) (edited on 2022-08-07 06:57 (UTC) by Technetium1)

Mising python to build in clean chroot. Might also be missing something else: build log

Pol_M commented on 2020-09-03 21:03 (UTC) (edited on 2020-09-23 07:28 (UTC) by Pol_M)

I'll try to remember this, thanks! (We'll have to consider if we want to also target aarch64, as we don't have the hardware to test this, but I'm happy that it works for you)

dleslie commented on 2020-09-02 18:31 (UTC)

This builds and runs fine on aarch64; could you add it as an architecture?

Pol_M commented on 2019-10-02 23:02 (UTC) (edited on 2019-10-07 19:53 (UTC) by Pol_M)

I accidentally deleted the last comment, sorry. Anyway, do not worry about it, tomorrow I'll do a proper consideration. But as stated, there is a reason things are as they are.

And... Things are gonna stay as they are. As repeatedly stated, things are as they are because they work this way, because doomseeker requires it's VCS to be able to compile. The best alternative I can think of would be to manually generate the necessary header file. I started a draft, but this has presented so many issues that, considering how much of a workaround it is, it is not worth the time. Also, git would still be a dependency anyway if I don't want to be uploading generated code to the AUR, which is explicitly forbidden (It would only be like header file, but I'm not taking chances ;) ). So, git is necessary at some point, and the amount of work necessary is too large to prevent building doomseeker the intended way.