Package Details: dwm-git 1:6.1.26.g3bd8466-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: dwm-git
Description: A dynamic window manager for X
Upstream URL:
Keywords: dynamic tiling windowmanager X11
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: dwm
Provides: dwm
Submitter: gtmanfred
Maintainer: bidulock
Last Packager: bidulock
Votes: 25
Popularity: 0.004429
First Submitted: 2012-12-04 01:17
Last Updated: 2018-03-15 04:32

Required by (2)

Sources (2)

Latest Comments

Industrial commented on 2017-12-30 21:52

Somehow, something here is running 'apt-get'.

tagener-noisu commented on 2016-10-22 13:03

Hey, I've changed your PKGBUILD so it uses git branches to store user configs and applied patches. Check it out

bidulock commented on 2016-04-18 05:46

The reason for epoch was the the version numbering system was change to comply with VCS PKGBUILD guidelines and the package would not upgrade without it.

keenerd commented on 2016-04-18 03:48

Please don't needlessly use `epoch` here. There is rarely ever reason to use it in the official repositories and it should never be used in the AUR.

bidulock commented on 2016-03-31 20:38

How about $SRCDEST/$pkgname/config.h ?

haawda commented on 2016-03-31 20:06

I think, SRCDEST is a bad default directory for config.h, because I cannot have more than one that way, if I define SRCDEST in makepkg.conf.

ForgottenDev commented on 2016-01-08 17:52

athanas: this is obviously not useful to you anymore, but just for future reference...

athanas commented on 2014-08-05 15:51

Appogise for simple question but do I have to run 'makepkg -i' with sudo root?

spesialstyrker commented on 2013-11-03 19:08

Just so you know in the PKGBUILD I had to change this:
ln -sf $SRCDEST/config.h $srcdir/config.h

to this:
ln -sf $SRCDEST/config.h $srcdir/dwm/config.h

for my config.h to not be overwritten by the stock one pulled in by git.

jakobm commented on 2013-05-22 10:38

I customized your PKGBUILD a while ago and recently updated it to the new VCS features. You can disregard the patching and config.h inclusion, have a look at it:

The CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS change is still not optimal.

vesath commented on 2013-04-07 20:00

Your sed line that uncomments `#CFLAGS = -g ...` enables debugging symbols (which are then stripped by makepkg anyway) and disables all optimizations; is that intended? Also, your two LDFLAGS sed command match no lines at all...
Furthermore, what is the rationale for shipping a custom config.h in place of the vanilla upstream one?
Finally, since you are using pacman-4.1 features, you might want to put all this in a prepare() function.

Anonymous comment on 2012-12-06 08:52

Ok I looked into it and everything's fine, was my own mistake.

gtmanfred commented on 2012-12-04 18:05

it doesn't look like the hg repos exist anymore and they have moved to git

Anonymous comment on 2012-12-04 17:54

Just checked it out with git. Seems like the sources are much older than the latest hg version I used (version 1606). Do you know any specifics?

gtmanfred commented on 2012-12-04 01:38

project switched to -git

foresense commented on 2012-03-04 16:17

excellent! works here. thanks.

Anonymous comment on 2012-03-04 14:36

Ok, I think/hope that fixes it! At least it works here :)

Anonymous comment on 2012-03-03 19:24

I'll look into it, definitely! But not today, I have a terrible headache ;) I'm also not the best coder, so maybe it'll take a while, but you know, it's a learning experience, so it's worth it

foresense commented on 2012-03-03 18:09

yeah in theory the problem is still the same, but at least it works like this.

I guess [ or test expect a binary true or false, and when you have more then one patchfile in the folder it gets a list of true or falses and chokes.

There is probably a better way, but I'm not that much of a bash scripter.. just wanted to fix surf-hg :) will dig a little deeper if I have some time, or maybe you want to go at it?

foresense commented on 2012-03-03 18:01

no worries man, I actually used the base of your script to make the one in surf-hg more useable.

dunno about the error I actually just cut out the piece I changed in surf-hg and pasted it here.. will have to inspect.

Anonymous comment on 2012-03-03 17:40

Oh crap, that was really horrible coding!!! Sorry!!! And thanks missingsense, yours is better, I'll use it. But it also produces this output

/home/$USER/dwm-hg/PKGBUILD: line 31: [: too many arguments

Do you know how to fix that?

foresense commented on 2012-03-03 01:33

multiple patches break the script, so I changed it with this:

# for custom patches
if [ ! -e $startdir/*\.patch ]
msg "no patches"
for i in $startdir/*\.patch
msg "patching with $i"
patch -i $i

Anonymous comment on 2012-02-21 20:43

Updated, so it also works without patches. I totally forgot to test this! Now it works.

Anonymous comment on 2012-02-07 11:12

@litemotiv, this is caused by the new version of mercurial, see the bugtracker for details.

Anonymous comment on 2012-02-07 11:11

Adopted and corrected/improved the PKGBUILD

Anonymous comment on 2012-02-07 10:44

Package currently gives "unknown build error" on running makepkg.

totoloco commented on 2011-12-06 09:14 improved PKGBUILD ;)
<3 dwm