Package Details: emacs-pov-mode v3.3-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/emacs-pov-mode.git (read-only)
Package Base: emacs-pov-mode
Description: POV-Ray mode for Emacs
Upstream URL: http://xahlee.org/3d/povray_emacs.html
Licenses: GPL3
Submitter: None
Maintainer: haawda
Last Packager: haawda
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2010-05-23 05:13
Last Updated: 2015-06-08 22:23

Latest Comments

Anonymous comment on 2012-09-17 22:28

I have just updated the PKGBUILD to the new version, but it's available only from a GIT repository. So, if you wish to keep the version specified in the PKGBUILD use "makepkg --holdver" to build the package. Also, I can't test the package, as I don't use it anymore. I'm disowning this package so someone can take care of it. :) The mode isn't officially compatible with povray-3.7 which is the version available now in the official repos, so that's another problem... Anyway, I tried to make the most obvious changes so that, hopefully, it continues to work. :D

Anonymous comment on 2011-08-07 07:41

Hello! I have changed once more this package. Now the install script checks for the availability of install-info before proceding with the instalation of the info, a changelog was added, and some other minor changes were made... However, there's no need to upgrade if it's working fine for you! Thank you!

P.S.: The problem with downloading pov-mode from sources continues. =/

Anonymous comment on 2011-07-21 06:26

Hi! The message printed in post-install() was missing some escape characters that led to a wrong printed message possibly confusing a user that is new to Emacs. This change resulted in a bump to the package release. Besides, some minor changes and cleanup were done.

P.S.: For some reason wget won't download the pov-mode from sources here. If this is happening to you, try downloading manually using other software and put it in the same dir as the PKGBUILD, then continue with the makepkg.

Anonymous comment on 2010-09-20 19:58

There was a problem with the bsdtar command where the files of the InsertMenu were being extracted with wrong permission/ownership values. The fix is done by simply adding the -o flag to the command. As an effect of this change the pkgrel was incremented.