Package Details: ephifonts-no-helvetica 20190307-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/ephifonts-no-helvetica.git (read-only)
Package Base: ephifonts-no-helvetica
Description: Like ephifonts, less Helvetica that messes up fonts in Firefox and Chromium.
Upstream URL: http://www.ephifonts.com
Keywords: fonts futura gotham
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: ephifonts
Submitter: DaveB
Maintainer: DaveB
Last Packager: DaveB
Votes: 1
Popularity: 0.009303
First Submitted: 2018-11-07 12:23
Last Updated: 2019-03-07 10:37

Dependencies (0)

Required by (0)

Sources (80)

Latest Comments

claymore commented on 2019-03-07 17:09

Dave, everything went smooth this time.

Thank you for the support!

DaveB commented on 2019-03-07 10:27

Hey Claymore,

I just tried installing from AUR (server problems yesterday so download failed before I even got to the install part), didn't have any problems of the type you described...

I also checked it with namcap, no errors.

This kind of error usually comes up when someone has tried to mess with the .SCRINFO file after borking an update or something, but I haven't done that.

Weird.

I have to admit I'm a bit out of my depth here.

I have removed a pkgver() function and updated the package in the hopes that it might work now. I can't test it for you as it worked for me before the change, but it looks like the most likely candidate.

Could you try again and see what happens?

If that doesn't work:

Were you installing it fresh or reinstalling for some reason? Using makepkg or a helper script?

What happens if you try to install ephifonts from AUR?

Has anyone else had this problem?

If you really need the fonts and can't install them the usual way, you could download the snapshot and extract all the zip files into your ~/.local/share/fonts (recommended) or /usr/share/fonts directory and run:

fc-cache -fs

with sudo if you've opted for /usr/share/fonts to update the font cache.

Best, Dave

claymore commented on 2019-03-06 13:27

This package fails to install. It gets built but fails to install

Some info:

==> Entering fakeroot environment... ==> Starting package()... ==> Tidying install... -> Removing libtool files... -> Purging unwanted files... -> Removing static library files... -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries... -> Compressing man and info pages... ==> Checking for packaging issues... ==> Creating package "ephifonts-no-helvetica"... -> Generating .PKGINFO file... -> Generating .BUILDINFO file... -> Adding install file... -> Generating .MTREE file... -> Compressing package... ==> Leaving fakeroot environment. ==> Finished making: ephifonts-no-helvetica 20190306-1 (qua 06 mar 2019 13:23:36 WET) ==> Cleaning up... :: Installing ephifonts-no-helvetica package(s)... :: ephifonts-no-helvetica package(s) failed to install. :: ensure package version does not mismatch between .SRCINFO and PKGBUILD :: ensure package name has a VCS suffix if this is a devel package

Please advise :)