Package Details: fd-git 9.0.0.r41.g969316c-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/fd-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: fd-git
Description: A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'
Upstream URL: https://github.com/sharkdp/fd
Licenses: MIT, Apache-2.0
Conflicts: fd
Provides: fd
Submitter: 0ofta
Maintainer: Chocobo1
Last Packager: Chocobo1
Votes: 7
Popularity: 0.000010
First Submitted: 2019-12-24 13:20 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2024-02-21 18:49 (UTC)

Dependencies (3)

Required by (25)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

Trollwut commented on 2020-10-07 21:20 (UTC)

hey mates,

since a few days I got this error while updating:

test result: ok. 55 passed; 0 failed; 0 ignored; 0 measured; 0 filtered out

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
install: cannot stat 'target/release/build/fd-find-*/out/_fd': No such file     or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
error making: fd-git

Is this a known problem?

0ofta commented on 2020-02-28 19:46 (UTC)

I installed a fresh archwsl today and I got the same error you did. Yet to find a fix for this, but I will continue to investigate. Please let me know, if you find a solution.

0ofta commented on 2020-02-26 07:10 (UTC)

Hi again. Sorry, I did not get time to investigate yesterday. I haven't used arch on WSL. Could you tell me from where you installed it (I can see there is a git repo delievering this), so I can try it out?

maltem commented on 2020-02-25 13:48 (UTC)

Oh, I forgot to mention (or remember) that I'm running Arch on WSL. It might be specific to that.

An update: I was having a similar issue with ripgrep, where it was enough to update from community/ripgrep to ripgrep-git. So in addition it looks like it's specific to fd.

0ofta commented on 2020-02-25 12:18 (UTC)

Hi maltem,

I have installed fd-git on two different computers now, after updating, and I am not able to reproduce your issue. I will check on a clean install of Arch, when I get home from work.

maltem commented on 2020-02-25 07:10 (UTC) (edited on 2020-02-25 07:11 (UTC) by maltem)

Ever since a pacman -Syu some days ago, which included an upgrade of glibc (2.30-3 -> 2.31-1), I'm getting this on every run of fd:

thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'assertion failed: `(left == right)`
  left: `22`,
 right: `4`', src/libstd/sys/unix/thread.rs:172:21

I'm also getting it with community/fd.