Package Details: gingko 2.4.5-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: gingko
Description: Gingko is a new kind of tool, that lets you shape your ideas with lists, outlines and cards, all in the same clean interface.
Upstream URL:
Licenses: Commercial
Submitter: will.price94
Maintainer: will.price94
Last Packager: will.price94
Votes: 4
Popularity: 0.006431
First Submitted: 2018-06-01 20:24
Last Updated: 2019-10-24 17:58

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

adsun commented on 2019-10-20 20:17

.SRCINFO should be updated.

will.price94 commented on 2019-09-08 17:10

@adsun, thanks for the tip. Updated.

adsun commented on 2019-09-06 18:46

.SRCINFO needs to be updated.

barsanuphe commented on 2018-09-01 22:01

Great, it works now! I had to export everything to JSON, delete the ~/.config/Gingko folder, and reimport from JSON, and now I can save .gko files correctly. Thanks for the quick fix!

will.price94 commented on 2018-09-01 19:54

@barsanuphe, OK, think this is fixed now, two major changes: We invoke gingko through AppRun now instead of gingko-client and let the AppImage stuff do its thing We no longer run chmod 644 over all files as this screwed up permissions on binary files (like pandoc, so I've disabled this and it appears there aren't any residual permission errors.

will.price94 commented on 2018-09-01 19:20

This is an issue with the PKGBUILD and not upstream, I can replicate with my gingko package, but not with the AppImage itself. I'll have a look into fixing it.

barsanuphe commented on 2018-09-01 19:10

I still get an error when saving a project:

Unhandled Promise Rejection Error: spawn EACCES at zipFolder (/opt/gingko/resources/app.asar/electron.js:224146:11) at Object.saveSwapFolderAs (/opt/gingko/resources/app.asar/electron.js:223746:11)

Apparently there is an access error when saving the file, using the database folder in /home/user/.config/Gingko. I get this on two different machines, and I don't think it comes from your package, so I have posted about it in the upstream forums.

will.price94 commented on 2018-08-28 20:26

Let me know if this resolves it. I managed to build v2.2.0 and v2.2.1 successfully without errors, so might need some help debugging from your end if you still experience issues.

barsanuphe commented on 2018-08-28 19:19

Thanks! I'm now running into some problems when launching it (APPIMAGE env not set, electron errors), which probably come from the upstream release and hopefully fixed in the just-released v2.2.1.

Edit: also, gconf is apparently a dependency.

will.price94 commented on 2018-08-28 08:06

Hey @barsanuphe, sorry about that, I had some files in my src directory left over from a previous version that meant that this didn't trip me up when I tested the new version. I've updated, let me know if you still have issues.