Package Details: gkrellm-gkfreq 1.4.1-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: gkrellm-gkfreq
Description: A plugin for gkrellm2 which displays the current CPU frequency
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: None
Maintainer: BELiAL
Last Packager: BELiAL
Votes: 24
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2006-09-06 07:35 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2020-01-19 02:55 (UTC)

Latest Comments

mrbit commented on 2017-07-23 07:03 (UTC)

update pkgnuild please source at

BELiAL commented on 2016-09-23 14:52 (UTC) (edited on 2016-09-23 14:52 (UTC) by BELiAL)

i've updated PKGBUILD since googlecode address is no longer valid

silvik commented on 2013-05-30 14:38 (UTC)

After upgrading to 3.9 kernel it doesn't work, shows N/A MHz. I'm on Intel Sandybridge x64. Probably because of the new scaling driver intel_pstate. I find this plugin very useful. Does anybody have a patch or an alternative plugin? Thanks!

BELiAL commented on 2010-11-19 09:42 (UTC)

new version with user-configurable labels. please refer to googlecode page from now on for feature requests and bug reports. thank you

jinks commented on 2010-11-14 01:26 (UTC)

Nicely done. One little nitpick: I can't see the full text until I set a width of 95 for gkrellm which is quite wide. As of now I see "CPU0 @ 1.6" instead of "CPU0 @ 1.60 GHz". Would it be possible to shorten the text to something like "0: 1.60GHz" for example, or is that too non-descriptive? I guess making it configurable would be too much work.

BELiAL commented on 2010-10-31 21:01 (UTC)

thank you, i updated package. it looks like the sf page was not created by original author of gkrellm-gkfreq. and his 2.0 version does not work. nonetheless i found interesting the idea of showing multiple frequency labels (one per cpu) so i created a little patch to implement the feature. please post your comments and report any bugs :)

jinks commented on 2010-10-30 08:12 (UTC)

Neither the homepage nor the files don't exist anymore on the referenced domain. I have posted an updated PKGBUILD @ which refers a "backup" of sorts of the original package on SourceForge. There is also a 2.0 package there, but I could not get it to work at all (displays just N/A for every CPU), so it's probably better to stay at 1.0.