Package Details: glib2-static 2.64.3-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/glib2-static.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: glib2-static
Description: Low level core library: Static library
Upstream URL: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GLib
Licenses: LGPL2.1
Submitter: sergej
Maintainer: nightuser
Last Packager: nightuser
Votes: 10
Popularity: 0.001240
First Submitted: 2013-10-11 17:41
Last Updated: 2020-05-21 20:23

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

nightuser commented on 2020-03-26 12:44

Bumped to the latest version and applied some changes from upstream.

Should fix @weltio's problem.

nightuser commented on 2020-03-10 19:19

@weltio:

I'll set the locale explicitly for the time being, but it shouldn't be a problem since this test has setlocale(LC_ALL, "");. Out of curiosity, what's your locale?

UPD: Nevermind, figured what the issue is about. Now I don't really understand why it works in shared case.

In English locale 'Jörgen' normalizes to 'jorgen' and in German one to 'joergen'. I don't know whatever is the correct way, but specifically setting it in the test without specifying the locale of the string seems strange to me.

weltio commented on 2020-03-10 19:12

had the same issue as traschke at 2019-02-12 17:41 with version 2.64

62/256 glib:glib / search-utils                FAIL     0.17 s (killed by signal 6 SIGABRT)

--- command ---
MALLOC_PERTURB_='107' G_TEST_SRCDIR='/home/user/.cache/yay/glib2-static/src/glib/glib/tests' G_TEST_BUILDDIR='/home/user/.cache/yay/glib2-static/src/build/glib/tests' MALLOC_CHECK_='2' G_DEBUG='gc-friendly' /home/user/.cache/yay/glib2-static/src/build/glib/tests/search-utils --tap
--- stdout ---
# random seed: R02S8e7b7c1d50ba0d2d5e2c1321957a09f9
1..1
# GLib-DEBUG: Started
# GLib-DEBUG: 'he' - 'Hello World' should match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'wo' - 'Hello World' should match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'lo' - 'Hello World' should NOT match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'ld' - 'Hello World' should NOT match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'wo' - 'Hello-World' should match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'wo' - 'HelloWorld' should NOT match: OK
# GLib-DEBUG: 'jor' - 'Jörgen' should match: FAILED
Bail out! GLib:ERROR:../glib/glib/tests/search-utils.c:67:test_search: assertion failed: (ok)
--- stderr ---
**
GLib:ERROR:../glib/glib/tests/search-utils.c:67:test_search: assertion failed: (ok)
-------

Had to set LC_ALL=C. Please apply that to the PKGBUILD as well (it unfortunately wasted my whole day)

see also https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/1648

DDoSolitary commented on 2020-02-18 10:01

@nightuser Yes, original error occurred when building a downloaded snapshot. It is quite surprising to me that git apply doesn't report skipped patches without the --verbose option, though.

nightuser commented on 2020-02-17 17:06

@DDoSolitary: did you download a snapshot or clone the package's repo? I usually do the latter and hence didn't catch the error. Will fix this in a moment, sorry.

DDoSolitary commented on 2020-02-17 05:41

The package no longer builds after you adding the patch:

error: --3way outside a repository

And even if you remove --3way option, the patch won't be applied properly because 1) You're in $srcdir rather than the source code directory extracted from the .tar.gz file; 2) It seems that git apply doesn't work when not in a git repository. If you run git apply --verbose ../CVE-2020-6750.patch in the correct directory, you will still see Skipped patch 'gio/gsocketclient.c'.

So I think it's better to apply the patch using the patch utility:

cd glib-$pkgver
patch -Np1 -i ../CVE-2020-6750.patch

nightuser commented on 2019-11-29 08:08

RX14: Why do you think this is bad? Except for the time, obviously.

RX14 commented on 2019-11-28 22:51

Could we please turn off lto for the build (-D b_lto=false), since compiling the spec suite with LTO means essentially compiling and optimizing glib2-static for every single test binary.

nightuser commented on 2019-10-26 20:45

I updated the package. For now, I had to disable utf8-pointer test since it fails with a static build and -O2 in CFLAGS. I shall investigate the issue thoroughly on a clean Arch install and report the bug upstream if it's the case.

UPD: I was able to reproduce the issue, see https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/1917

UPD2: I temporarily fixed the issue by disabling optimisations for this exact test. It'll probably be fixed upstream soon.

UPD3: fixed.

s123 commented on 2019-10-18 09:37

I confirm, this error reproduces 100% times on my pc:
glib:gio+slow / gdbus-threading FAIL (killed by signal 5 SIGTRAP)
Solution: edit the line in PKGBUILD meson test --num-processes 1 -C build