Package Details: guacamole-server 0.9.9-9

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: guacamole-server
Description: Guacamole proxy daemon
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Replaces: guacd, libguac, libguac-client-rdp, libguac-client-ssh, libguac-client-vnc
Submitter: ShyPixie
Maintainer: Black_Codec
Last Packager: Black_Codec
Votes: 13
Popularity: 0.505898
First Submitted: 2013-09-17 15:21
Last Updated: 2016-09-03 12:14

Latest Comments

Black_Codec commented on 2016-12-02 08:21

Support for rdp is not enabled with the freerdp packages in repository, have you try it? If I try to compile with your parameters I could obtain rdp support in guacamole-server.

figue commented on 2016-11-24 15:06

@Black_Codec build is broken using freerdp-1_1.2.0_beta1+android9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz because readdir_r is deprecated in latest glibc (the function is in src/protocols/rdp/rdp_fs.c).
A quick workaround is to set -Wno-deprecated-declarations in CPPFLAGS.

CPPFLAGS="-Wno-error=pedantic -Wno-deprecated-declarations"

Black_Codec commented on 2016-10-05 07:32

As i wrote in 2016-06-26 20:15 the only way to have freerdp support is to use this specific version of freerdp:
that you can find in arch archive package.
If was removed the only solution is to wait until the developer support another more recent version of freerdp.

fanningert commented on 2016-10-04 08:49

With current freerdp package (1:1.2.0_20160606-1) of Arch Linux, I get following error.

checking for freerdp_new in -lfreerdp-core... no
checking for freerdp_new in -lfreerdp... yes
checking for glyph_cache_register_callbacks in -lfreerdp-cache... no
checking for freerdp_channels_new in -lfreerdp-client... no
checking for freerdp_channels_new in -lfreerdp-channels... no
checking for svc_plugin_init in -lfreerdp-utils... no
checking for freerdp_image_convert in -lfreerdp-codec... no
checking whether freerdp_convert_gdi_order_color is declared... no
checking whether freerdp_color_convert_drawing_order_color_to_gdi_color is declared... no
checking for rdpSvcPlugin.interval_ms... no
checking freerdp/locale/keyboard.h usability... no
checking freerdp/locale/keyboard.h presence... no
checking for freerdp/locale/keyboard.h... no
checking freerdp/kbd/layouts.h usability... no
checking freerdp/kbd/layouts.h presence... no
checking for freerdp/kbd/layouts.h... no
configure: WARNING:
Unable to find keyboard layout headers
RDP will be disabled.


guacamole-server version 0.9.9

Library status:

freerdp ............. no
pango ............... yes
libssh2 ............. yes
libssl .............. yes
libtelnet ........... yes
libVNCServer ........ yes
libvorbis ........... yes
libpulse ............ yes
libwebp ............. yes

Protocol support:

RDP ....... no
SSH ....... yes
Telnet .... yes
VNC ....... yes

the_lf commented on 2016-08-30 23:29

Can you please move the unit file to /usr/lib/systemd/system instead of /etc? It's where packages are supposed to put them.

Also, here be dragons, if you don't have ridiculous amounts of time, just say screw it and use the Docker image. This thing is a huge pain.

Black_Codec commented on 2016-06-26 20:15

also with freerdp package in repository the guacamole don't find freerdp libs.
The authors of guacamole told that they support only the stable version of the freerdp, the last was 1.1.

The name you see in freerdp-git contain android but it is the official git version of freerdp and this is the tag names, also the package in official repo if you see the PKGBUILD use them.

The only way to install this package with rdp support is to use this package:
that you can find in arch archive package.

There is no way to compile this package without compile ffmpeg version 2 in a chroot environment, so i can't create a freerdp-guacamole package for this version.

So I can't specify the version of freerdp in the pkgbuild and now update and set it to generic freerdp.

If you can build freerdp version that i wrote i use your version in dependency.

DaveWut commented on 2016-06-23 05:24

The package doesn't seems to install the RDP protocol adequately when building the back-end server:

I think it's related to the package freerdp-git, which install an Android (???) version?

The keyboard layout is missing from the freerdp library.

SirPenguins commented on 2016-05-10 17:58

Seems to fail on a pedantic warning as an error when building with GCC 6. Can no longer build on any of my systems.

Black_Codec commented on 2015-09-12 14:05

It works well with freerdo in repo. Sometimes the freerdp in repo not work well with windows <= 2000 so if somebody need to connect to this version i suggest to not update to 0.9.8 or try to update with the old freerdp-guacamole package.

Freerdp-guacamole packaged does not support windows10 so if you want windows 10 rdp connection use normale freerdp packages.

chrbayer commented on 2015-09-11 07:54

Hi, I tried 0.9.8 and it seem to work as good as the last version. By the way, uuid is not only a make dependency. Your version of freerdp does not work with windows 10, I have build my version 0.9.8 against the freerdp included with arch, this version should be supported to, I will test it this weekend.
Best regards, Christoph

All comments