Package Details: guile-git 1:3.0.8.r12.g446842733-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/guile-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: guile-git
Description: A portable, embeddable Scheme implementation (Git snapshot)
Upstream URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: guile3
Provides: guile, guile3
Submitter: pnorcks
Maintainer: haawda
Last Packager: haawda
Votes: 12
Popularity: 0.001894
First Submitted: 2010-01-12 19:52 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2022-04-04 16:52 (UTC)

Required by (120)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

prash commented on 2022-04-04 14:27 (UTC)

Making it conflict with guile breaks many important core packages like gdb and make.

fosskers commented on 2021-09-04 01:44 (UTC)

This requires gperf as a build dependency.

haawda commented on 2020-12-10 16:46 (UTC)

Good catch, I have another idea how to fix this, but if that does not work, I will probably apply your solution.

hikmet1517 commented on 2020-12-10 04:32 (UTC) (edited on 2020-12-10 04:35 (UTC) by hikmet1517)

info files are broken, filenames are changed but the references in guile-3.0.info point to guile.info-1, guile.info-2 etc. To prevent collision I renamed some parts of info files with sed.

after

do
  mv $i guile-${_majorver}${i#guile}
done

I put

sed -i "s/guile.info/guile-${_majorver}.info/g" guile-${_majorver}*
sed -i "s/guile.texi/guile-${_majorver}.texi/g" guile-${_majorver}*
sed -i "s/* Guile Reference: (guile)/* Guile-${_majorver} Reference: (guile-${_majorver})/g" guile-${_majorver}*
sed -i "s/The Guile reference manual./The Guile-${_majorver} reference manual./g" guile-${_majorver}*

I'm not sure that's the best way but i have both guile and guile-git installed, it looks like both info pages work now.

haawda commented on 2017-08-23 19:49 (UTC)

Added aarch64 to the architectures, no need for others to update.

phant0mas commented on 2017-08-23 13:28 (UTC)

This package works on aarch64 systems. You could add it on the supported systems.

haawda commented on 2016-12-16 20:27 (UTC)

New git version gives longer version numbers, no need to update.

haawda commented on 2016-09-22 20:07 (UTC)

For coincidence, the main developer of guile adviced me to do so, too.

ecraven commented on 2016-06-22 12:14 (UTC)

Could you remove CFLAGS=""? The default CFLAGS (-O2 and so on) don't get set if you explicitly set it to "".

dlin commented on 2014-03-19 15:36 (UTC)

Why the depends are different than 'guile' package?

tantalum commented on 2013-06-08 12:37 (UTC)

updated to use pacman 4 git features

pnorcks commented on 2013-04-04 05:49 (UTC)

I am disowning this package, as well as 'guile-devel', due to lack of time.

pnorcks commented on 2012-08-08 05:32 (UTC)

StefanHusmann: Thanks, I've disabled the strip option for now. It seems to break for all the .go files. Since the .go files are ELF object files now (instead of GUILE object files), there must be some issue with how these files are being generated. Interesting note: `eu-readelf -d foreign.go` creates a floating point exception, so maybe there's an issue with the ELF dynamic section in each .go? I would like to explore the issue a little further but don't have much time at the moment.

haawda commented on 2012-08-04 16:07 (UTC)

I needed options=('!strip'), otherwise makepkg fails to strip some files ending on .go.

pnorcks commented on 2012-06-14 05:00 (UTC)

Updated, thanks.

ConnorBehan commented on 2012-06-14 01:04 (UTC)

gc 7.2 is in extra now.

pnorcks commented on 2012-03-20 04:12 (UTC)

Thanks, I've removed the 'gc' dependency and added 'gc-dev' instead.

metasyntax commented on 2012-03-19 18:33 (UTC)

Hi there. Guile now doesn't compile against the 7.1 version of gc in [extra]. It does work with version 7.2 alpha 6 which is available in the AUR package gc-dev. I've just tested this and confirmed it on x86_64. Sources: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2012-01/msg00464.html http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2012-02/msg00044.html

pnorcks commented on 2010-07-17 18:10 (UTC)

Fixed upstream, so I removed the patch.

pnorcks commented on 2010-07-01 21:13 (UTC)

Latest git doesn't compile for me, so I've reverted a bad commit and included this patch in 20100701-1. This should be fixed (properly) upstream soon.