Package Details: hide-client 0.9.1-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/hide-client.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: hide-client
Description: Hide.me CLI VPN client for Linux
Upstream URL: hide.me
Keywords: cli vpn wireguard
Licenses: GPL2
Submitter: ljrk
Maintainer: ljrk
Last Packager: ljrk
Votes: 1
Popularity: 0.51
First Submitted: 2021-02-02 15:58
Last Updated: 2021-04-13 19:19

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

rodrigofarias77 commented on 2021-04-13 19:41

If I may recommend another tweak, this time to PKGBUILD:

+backup=('etc/hide.me/config')

This is to make changes in config survive updates.

ljrk commented on 2021-04-13 19:19

you're absolutely right, it adheres to the POSIX/XDG guidelines. I edited it correctly on my local machine but messed up the patch.

rodrigofarias77 commented on 2021-04-13 19:05

Based on the help of hide.me, I wonder if systemd-config.patch should be:

+ExecStart=/opt/hide.me/hide.me $OPTIONS connect %i

rodrigofarias77 commented on 2021-04-13 17:31

Awesome! Thank you kindly.

ljrk commented on 2021-04-13 17:27

You can modify the options via environment files, I created a PR at https://github.com/eventure/hide.client.linux/pull/10 and patched this package.

rodrigofarias77 commented on 2021-04-10 00:11

Thanks! All good now.

Is there a way we can pass options to hide.me when using systemd integration? I am currently patching ExecStart in /usr/lib/systemd/system/hide.me@.service, but this is not ideal.

ljrk commented on 2021-04-09 23:14

You are absolutely right, I fixed the patch. Thanks again!

rodrigofarias77 commented on 2021-04-09 22:49

Thanks for the quick response, ljrk.

I think service_sysdirs.patch should be:

+ExecStart=/usr/bin/hide.me connect %i
+WorkingDirectory=/usr/bin

ljrk commented on 2021-04-09 22:36

https://github.com/eventure/hide.client.linux/pull/9

ljrk commented on 2021-04-09 22:27

This was introduced by go-1.16, which introduces the need for a go.sum file which doesn't exist yet upstream.

I updated the PKGBUILD to include a pre-generated go.sum file, now everything should build fine. I will also create a PR for upstream.

gcc-go works as an alternative, but I think we should stick with the Go packaging guidelines.