Package Details: idena-desktop-git v0.0.10.r452.gc294f6c9-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/idena-desktop-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: idena-desktop-git
Description: The idena-desktop application for the Idena network
Upstream URL: https://github.com/idena-network/idena-desktop
Conflicts: idena-desktop
Provides: idena-desktop
Submitter: csculley
Maintainer: csculley
Last Packager: csculley
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.001758
First Submitted: 2020-03-21 23:02
Last Updated: 2021-01-07 01:15

Latest Comments

gee commented on 2021-01-07 02:37

Yeah I was running it from the console, but there's not too much of interest:

WINDOW DECORATIONS RELOADED WINDOW DECORATIONS RELOADED (node:2117035) electron: The default of contextIsolation is deprecated and will be changing from false to true in a future release of Electron. See https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/23506 for more information

(but like with npm, I don't know anything here, I checked though I have the repo's version).

I'm happy to try on the forum instead, but will there be actual users of this there?

Thanks!

csculley commented on 2021-01-07 02:29

If you're using yay, try removing ~/.cache/yay/idena-desktop-git or selecting the clean build option when attempting yay -Sy idena-desktop-git. If you run idena-desktop in the command line, it may print out additional errors to your console. However, if you need more help, I'd recommend creating a post to the Arch forum with diagnostic information like the corresponding console output.

gee commented on 2021-01-07 01:47

Well, when I open it, all I get is a blank electron window. It's quite common with electron apps, and I'm not sure what that means either.

The binary in the deb from github works fine though.

gee commented on 2021-01-07 01:31

It still fails with the same error, but I wonder if that's because I have some npm cache or something.

I've tried in a chroot and it worked fine, so that's definitely my machine but removing ~/.npm did not help. Do you have any idea here?

I tried with a different, mostly empty user, but it failed too so it does not seem to come from my account but my system.

Thank you!

edit: got it! Somehow I was on npm 7 while 6 was still the current one in repos so I went back to it and it worked fine.

csculley commented on 2021-01-07 01:16

So after some testing, this package was failing to build, but due to an error with the build command and seemingly not why you've posted from what I can gather. I'd recommend clean building or otherwise removing the cache in whatever AUR helper you're using, and trying again with the new script. Please let me know if there are any further issues!

gee commented on 2021-01-06 01:58

Hello,

the npm dependencies fail here, I am guessing something was updated and now it does not work anymore:

npm ERR! code ERESOLVE npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree npm ERR! npm ERR! While resolving: idena-desktop@0.19.3-rc.0 npm ERR! Found: babel-eslint@10.1.0 npm ERR! node_modules/babel-eslint npm ERR! dev babel-eslint@"^10.0.1" from the root project npm ERR! npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency: npm ERR! peer babel-eslint@"^9.0.0" from eslint-config-wesbos@0.0.19 npm ERR! node_modules/eslint-config-wesbos npm ERR! dev eslint-config-wesbos@"0.0.19" from the root project npm ERR! npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about npm, so not sure where to start.