Package Details: jreen 1.2.1-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/jreen.git (read-only)
Package Base: jreen
Description: Free and Opensource Jabber library, written in C++ using cross-platform framework Qt.
Upstream URL: http://qutim.org/jreen
Keywords: cpp library network qt xmpp
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: jreen-git
Provides: jreen
Submitter: zizzfizzix
Maintainer: jnbek
Last Packager: jnbek
Votes: 107
Popularity: 0.043862
First Submitted: 2011-11-14 17:00
Last Updated: 2016-07-21 23:58

Dependencies (4)

Required by (2)

Sources (1)

Pinned Comments

jnbek commented on 2016-07-03 18:14

/usr/lib hack fixed. You'll need to likely uninstall your current version if you've force installed this to get rid of the orphaned /usr/lib64 files.

Latest Comments

WoefulDerelict commented on 2016-07-19 07:09

Attempting to build the package on an up to date Arch system yields the following output immediately upon entering build(): CMake Error: The source directory "/home/llewelyn/aur-jreen/src/jreen-1.2.1-build/ " does not exist.

jnbek commented on 2016-07-03 18:14

/usr/lib hack fixed. You'll need to likely uninstall your current version if you've force installed this to get rid of the orphaned /usr/lib64 files.

larvan commented on 2016-07-03 13:49

WARNING!!!

Please fix this ASAP as it broke my system too. I think it was after a kernel update, caused by /usr/lib64 being an actual dir instead of a link to /usr/lib.

I had to uninstall "jreen" and then reinstall "filesystem" and "linux" (in that order) to fix it, all from a livecd + chroot.


As roentgen said, you have to change the build command like this:
```
cmake -DJREEN_FORCE_QT4=yes \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \ # NEW LINE - REMOVE COMMENT#
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=${_buildtype} \
../${pkgname}-${pkgver}
```

Because of the severity and since this hasn't been fixed in the last 15+ days, I am marking it as out-of-date.

bobi commented on 2016-06-28 13:20

This package seems to be cause of a kernel panic I just had, as it seems to have broken the symbolic link /usr/lib64/ -> /usr/lib/

See this (from a USB boot):


# ls -R /usr/lib64
/usr/lib64:
libjreen.so
libjreen.so.1
libjreen.so.1.2.1
pkgconfig

/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:
libjreen.pc

JohnRobson commented on 2016-06-16 06:26

1/1) checking for file conflicts [##############################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
jreen: /usr/lib64 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
==> WARNING: Your packages are saved in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-us
cp: overwrite '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-us/jreen-1.2.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz'? y
==> ERROR: unable to update

roentgen commented on 2016-06-15 18:16

1.2.0 installed files in /usr/lib

1.2.1 tries to install in /usr/lib64, hence the conflict.

This can be fixed with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib

jnbek commented on 2016-06-15 16:30

yea, I had that problem too, initially, I think it has to do with how the old PKGBUILD referenced ${srcdir} and the installation took place after makepkg/pacman 'deprecated' the use of said variable. Even after I removed the referring variable I got the conflicts; so I added --force to pacman to install it, then there was no further problems now that the srcdir variable is removed.

DrDeath commented on 2016-06-15 08:22

It conflicts with files from previous installation (can't remember wich ones now). After uninstalling it and trying to re-install it, there is still one conflict with /usr/lib64 :

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
jreen: /usr/lib64 exists in filesystem

wich obviously cannot be removed or renamed.

APKent88 commented on 2015-06-03 01:46

md5sum should be changed to:

1ac6d90d17371288bebe3fc1921a977c

nem commented on 2015-05-20 21:02

==> Making package: jreen 1.2.0-1 (Wed 20 May 23:01:25 CEST 2015)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Found jreen-1.2.0.zip
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
jreen-1.2.0.zip ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

All comments