Package Details: libvirt-git pkgver=2.0.0.35.gfe8567f-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/libvirt-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: libvirt-git
Description: API for controlling virtualization engines (openvz,kvm,qemu,virtualbox,xen,etc)
Upstream URL: http://libvirt.org/
Keywords: library management virtualization
Licenses: LGPL
Conflicts: libvirt
Provides: libvirt
Submitter: xtfxme
Maintainer: ArthurBorsboom
Last Packager: ArthurBorsboom
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.000042
First Submitted: 2009-12-06 07:37
Last Updated: 2016-07-02 09:34

Dependencies (48)

Required by (32)

Sources (4)

Latest Comments

tritron commented on 2016-05-22 15:02

I just compiled latest libvirtd and is crashing
[498]: segfault at 4 ip 00007fce99fc8bbb sp 00007fce92206b30 error 4 in libvirt.so.0.1003.5[7fce99e99000+371000]
I wonder if anyone knows why

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2016-04-17 10:14

@zman0900:

I have 95% aligned of the libvirt-git package with the libvirt package.
Can you test if it works for you?

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2016-01-18 20:20

I don't mind to follow the arch package; in fact I think it is a good idea.

The only thing I need is that it keeps working on my Xen server.
One of the requirements is the removal of this option "--without-xen", which is in the Arch package.

Besides that there are some small differences, due to the fact that this is a git package. So, I guess we can match 95% of the Arch package.

If I have a bit of time, I will give it a try. If I can't get it to work, worst case I revert back to the current package. Best case, we have a package almost similar to the Arch package with Xen support.

zman0900 commented on 2016-01-18 16:35

My reasoning for matching the main arch package was so this package can work as a drop in replacement for it - so someone can easily switch between libvirt and libvirt-git and have the same features be available. Besides, the package as it is right now doesn't actually have any of the dependencies or config flags specified for xen support either, so the xen support being built is just a side effect of it being installed on your build system. If you tried to install the package you built on another system, it wouldn't work properly since some dependencies wouldn't get installed.

Would you consider making this package like the main arch package and adding a second similar package (libvirt-xen-git?) that is just a copy with the extra stuff enabled for xen?

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2016-01-17 09:49

The main reason why I don't like the libvirt package is that it builds without Xen support, since I need that.

I could try to match the libvirt package as close a possible without disabling the Xen support, but it takes a bit of effort I guess. (lazy mode...) ;-)

zman0900 commented on 2016-01-16 22:13

Ok, I got a build working successfully in clean chroot by modifying the package to be more like the main Arch package. Feel free to copy it from here: https://github.com/zman0900/aur-libvirt-git

This is the command I was using to build:
extra-x86_64-build -r /tmp/chroot -- -I /path/to/xhtml-docs-1.1-4-any.pkg.tar.xz

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2016-01-16 22:04

It works on my system, however I am all open to suggestions and improvements. :)

zman0900 commented on 2016-01-16 18:44

Hmm... Looks like the problem is because some of the code uses python 2 specific syntax but this package depends on python 3. Why is that? The main arch package uses python 2 and has a prepare() function that ensures the python2 binary is called.

zman0900 commented on 2016-01-16 18:14

This package fails to build in a clean chroot with extra-x86_64-build, so there are probably some missing dependencies.

Full output: http://pastebin.com/s6qUzyBM
I added -j1 to make in the PKGBUILD to get less confusing error output.

Relevant error:

Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory '/build/libvirt-git/src/libvirt/src'
/usr/bin/mkdir -p util/
GEN util/virkeymaps.h
File "./util/virkeycode-mapgen.py", line 50
'''
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'
Makefile:10339: recipe for target 'util/virkeymaps.h' failed
make[2]: *** [util/virkeymaps.h] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/libvirt-git/src/libvirt/src'
Makefile:2002: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/libvirt-git/src/libvirt'
Makefile:1897: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2016-01-03 19:24

Okay, got it.

I have added chown and chmod statements (copied from the libvirt package from the arch package repository). I have also removed any installation instructions belonging to initd.

Would you mind to test and report back?

sl1pkn07 commented on 2016-01-02 15:00

yes

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-12-30 14:32

Are you suggesting that the absence of the two chmod statements result in the (localized) message of Policykit?

sl1pkn07 commented on 2015-12-28 20:34

because in the current pkgbuild, that part is missing

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-12-28 17:21

However, when I look in the current package build (upper right on this page), I don't see any chmod statements.

Euuh?

sl1pkn07 commented on 2015-12-28 17:02

my own pkgbuild. synchronized with libvirt from [community] and, i think, some tweaks and fixes

http://sl1pkn07.wtf/paste/view/69c499ab
http://sl1pkn07.wtf/paste/view/1e9094ec
http://sl1pkn07.wtf/paste/view/0bbb8992
http://sl1pkn07.wtf/paste/view/dc3a5c03

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-12-28 10:54

I guess the message comes from policy kit after these two commands from the PKGBUILD.

chmod 0770 "$pkgdir"/var/lib/libvirt/qemu
chmod 0750 "$pkgdir"/usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d

I have no knowledge of policy kit, so I need help.
Can you explain me what makes this too old and what should it be changed too?

sl1pkn07 commented on 2015-12-26 21:27

thats message appears (in english or with your locales) when pass from libvirt [community] to libvirt-git

in the libvirt pkgbuild:

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/libvirt#n116

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-12-26 18:34

The post install has been updated with systemd texts next to the init-v texts. The Spanish texts I have not been able to find, so these are not updated.

sl1pkn07 commented on 2015-12-25 18:29

>>> To start libvirtd run: '/etc/rc.d/libvirtd start' as root.
>>> Add 'libvirtd' to daemons in /etc/rc.conf if you want it to load upon
>>> booting.

>>> Be sure to see optdepends as you may find some of them helpfull.
>>> Especially: bridge-utils, dnsmasq, and >>hal<<.

this is too old (in the .install file)

and

advertencia: los permisos del directorio difieren respecto de /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d/
sistema de archivos: 750 paquete: 755
advertencia: los permisos del directorio difieren respecto de /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/
sistema de archivos: 770 paquete: 751


greetings

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-10-20 20:07

I have recreated the xhtml-docs package and for me it works.
Does it work for you?

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-10-19 20:13

The package xhtml-docs got lost in the migration of AUR3 to AUR4.
In the upcoming weeks I will lookup the package in the archives and recreate it.

If that is done, I will post another comment here.

NicolasCPA commented on 2015-10-17 02:54

error: target not found: xhtml-docs

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2015-02-23 10:13

I agree with the git version to be close to the stable version. However I disagree with the --without-xen parameter in the stable version. :) I have tried to contact the package owner multiple times, but I have not got any response. Since I am using Xen and I see no reason to block it, while it has an auto-detect mechanism, I believe this option should be removed.

For the xhtml errors, I had the same building issue. As workaround I removed the docbook-xml package, deleted the /etc/xml folder and installed docbook-xml again. This time I get many warnings, but it does not stop the building process. HTH.

rbellamy commented on 2015-02-23 01:44

Tried compiling today, and it didn't really work for me... namely the XHTML validation stuff is borked. I've updated the PKGBUILD to suite my needs and in keeping with my previous point [1].

I'm looking to get numad support[2], so I did flip that configure switch in the PKGBUILD above.

So I updated the xhtml-docs AUR package[3], and things are building swimmingly. As to whether or not libvirt will allow auto NUMA placement, that remains to be seen.

[1] https://github.com/rbellamy/pkgbuilds/tree/master/libvirt-git
[2] https://github.com/rbellamy/pkgbuilds/tree/master/numad-git
[3] https://github.com/rbellamy/pkgbuilds/tree/master/xmhtml-docs

rbellamy commented on 2015-02-22 22:34

I disagree with the the idea of removing the --without-xen, mostly because I think it's generally best for the *-git PKGBUILD to mirror, as closely as possible, the one found in the official repos.

That way, if someone wants something ALMOST like that which is in the official repos, but with say just a single config switch thrown differently (as in the xen switch or whatever) they can just download the PKGBUILD from the AUR, make their change, and be done...

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2014-12-14 18:06

I have just taken ownership of this package with the purpose of improving the package.

@Trialuser: I noticed the same before, therefore I have added this to the dependency list.

I have also removed all the options, which fix the build for a certain configuration, such as the 'without-xen' option. Most of the options are auto-detected by the configuration tool.

The audit package is not a dependency anymore, but optional.

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome.

trialuser commented on 2014-12-12 14:36

build failed without perl-xml-xpath for me

ArthurBorsboom commented on 2014-08-21 20:46

+1 for removing the "--without-xen" option.

trixpan commented on 2014-03-31 13:39

is there a reason for voluntarily disabling xen driver since the auto-config checks for Xens existence during run?

tritron commented on 2014-03-11 01:15

I wonder if anyone was able to compile this lately. It compiles fine on my development system but it fails with doc and html missing errors I want to install it. What about enabling sanlock.

Ba7a7chy commented on 2014-02-20 08:23

Errors in build

GEN libvirt.syms
GEN libvirt.def
GEN libvirt_qemu.def
GEN libvirt_lxc.def
GEN libvirt_probes.h
File "/bin/dtrace", line 159
print "Usage " + sys.argv[0] + " [--help] [-h | -G] [-C [-I<Path>]] -s File.d [-o <File>]"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Makefile:9730: recipe for target 'libvirt_probes.h' failed
make[2]: *** [libvirt_probes.h] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-unshadow/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt/src'
Makefile:1956: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-unshadow/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt'
Makefile:1858: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

gabx commented on 2014-02-19 12:34

Please correct your PKGBUILD following teekay comment.

gabx commented on 2014-02-15 23:32

Can not build :
mv: cannot stat ‘/developement/aur/libvirt-git/pkg/libvirt-git/lib/*’: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().

teekay commented on 2014-02-13 11:34

Please use
NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
so configure is run only once.

Also the "mv $pkgdir/lib .." line is not needed anymore (actually, package() fails now as they moved that /lib dir to /usr/lib upstream it seems)

teekay commented on 2013-11-08 15:25

Could you please change

--libexec=/usr/lib/"$pkgname"

to

--libexec=/usr/lib/"${pkgname/-git/}"

as this breaks LXC domains which have /usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt_lxc configured as hypervisor (like, when moving from libvirt to libvirt-git and vice versa).

onny commented on 2013-08-24 16:54

@ironicbadger: I can't confirm this yet. Tried to compile libvirt-git in a clean chroot-environement but it still fails with all the docbook generation.

ironicbadger commented on 2013-08-17 20:13

docbook-xml-dtd should be added to the deps... it compiled fine once this was added.

ironicbadger commented on 2013-08-16 23:04

oh and, my /etc/xml/catalog file is empty.

ironicbadger commented on 2013-08-16 23:03

I have installed xhtml-docs and docbook-xml as per the suggestions. Won't compile for me. x64.

A much large log is here. http://pastebin.com/1Dy8NjLR

make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-alex/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt/docs'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-alex/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt/docs'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-alex/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt/docs'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build libvirt-git.
==> Restart building libvirt-git ? [y/N]

onny commented on 2013-08-10 18:39

@mjevans: libvirt-git compiles fine on my system, even without docbook-xml. Can you be please more specific?

Unfortunately, it won't compile with makechrootpkg in a 32bit environement anymore. Don't know how to fix this yet.

onny commented on 2013-06-20 15:38

@Chetyre: Try again. The only thing which fails in my makechrootpkg environement could be the xhtml-docs packet but I'll fix this soon.

Anonymous comment on 2013-04-19 00:43

I needed to install libxslt before it would proceed, but it still failed.

make[3]: *** [libvirtmod_la-libvirt-override.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-host/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt-build/python'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-host/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt-build/python'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-host/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

mjevans commented on 2013-02-28 18:58

I was able to get this to build by installing docbook-xml and xhtml-docs ; they should be added as a compile time dependencies.

onny's catalog.xml file should also be included with this package as well as the insertion of it in to the system xml catalog.

onny commented on 2013-02-15 14:26

@l3u: fixed. package should compile now without further intervention.

l3u commented on 2013-02-15 10:19

Building currently fails, complaining of a missing file :

...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xx/tmp/yaourt/yaourt-tmp-xx/aur-libvirt-git/src/libvirt-build'
mv: cannot stat '/home/xx/tmp/yaourt/yaourt-tmp-xx/aur-libvirt-git/pkg/etc/sysctl.d/libvirtd': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build libvirt-git.
==> Restart building libvirt-git ? [y/N]
==> ------------------------------------
==>

onny commented on 2013-02-14 19:11

Compiling may fail because of the package xhtml-docs.
I had to insert this string into /etc/xml/catalog (inside the <catalog>-tag):
<delegatePublic publicIdStartString="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0" catalog="file:///usr/share/doc/xhtml/DTD/catalog.xml"/>


And put this file into /usr/share/doc/xhtml/DTD/:
http://onny.project-insanity.org/files/catalog.xml

onny commented on 2013-02-14 19:11

Compiling may fail because of the package xhtml-docs.
I had to insert this string into /etc/xml/catalog (inside the <catalog>-tag):
<delegatePublic publicIdStartString="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0" catalog="file:///usr/share/doc/xhtml/DTD/catalog.xml"/>


And put this file into /usr/share/doc/xhtml/DTD/:
http://onny.project-insanity.org/files/catalog.xml

stefano.facchini commented on 2012-11-30 08:43

I'm orphaning this, feel free to update it...

timofonic commented on 2012-11-29 23:44

This package is damn outdated...

loper commented on 2012-11-14 09:44

Any way to not get an error while building "--with-xen"?

hunger commented on 2012-07-24 10:46

I had to install python (for python-config) before ./bootstrap would succeed. Maybe you could add that as a build time dependency?

aya commented on 2012-05-16 13:56

It would build if you apply this

diff -urN libnl-1.1.orig/include/netlink/object.h libnl-1.1/include/netlink/object.h
--- libnl-1.1.orig/include/netlink/object.h 2008-01-14 16:48:45.000000000 +0100
+++ libnl-1.1/include/netlink/object.h 2011-05-09 10:36:43.654531069 +0200
@@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
/* Access Functions */
extern int nl_object_get_refcnt(struct nl_object *);
extern struct nl_cache * nl_object_get_cache(struct nl_object *);
-extern inline void * nl_object_priv(struct nl_object *);
+extern void * nl_object_priv(struct nl_object *);

#ifdef __cplusplus
}

However, it 0.9.12 still gives me a segmentation fault as per https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29891

aya commented on 2012-05-16 13:38

If would build if you apply this

diff -urN libnl-1.1.orig/include/netlink/object.h libnl-1.1/include/netlink/object.h
--- libnl-1.1.orig/include/netlink/object.h 2008-01-14 16:48:45.000000000 +0100
+++ libnl-1.1/include/netlink/object.h 2011-05-09 10:36:43.654531069 +0200
@@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
/* Access Functions */
extern int nl_object_get_refcnt(struct nl_object *);
extern struct nl_cache * nl_object_get_cache(struct nl_object *);
-extern inline void * nl_object_priv(struct nl_object *);
+extern void * nl_object_priv(struct nl_object *);

#ifdef __cplusplus
}

However, it 0.9.12 still gives me a segmentation fault as per https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29891

Anonymous comment on 2012-04-07 13:23

By the way it doesn't start building without libnl1 dependency.

Anonymous comment on 2012-04-07 13:22

The package doesn't build:

CC libvirt_util_la-virnetdev.lo
In file included from /usr/include/netlink/msg.h:16:0,
from util/virnetlink.h:28,
from util/virnetdev.h:27,
from util/virnetdev.c:25:
/usr/include/netlink/object.h:58:23: error: inline function 'nl_object_priv' declared but never defined [-Werror]
/usr/include/netlink/object.h:58:23: error: inline function 'nl_object_priv' declared but never defined [-Werror]