Package Details: libwacom-surface 1.10-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/libwacom-surface.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: libwacom-surface
Description: Patched libwacom for Microsoft Surface devices
Upstream URL: https://github.com/linux-surface/libwacom
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: libwacom
Provides: libwacom=1.10
Submitter: qzed
Maintainer: qzed
Last Packager: qzed
Votes: 5
Popularity: 0.019086
First Submitted: 2019-02-27 00:23
Last Updated: 2021-04-29 00:16

Required by (20)

Sources (13)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

Farmer.Bobathan commented on 2021-01-29 20:39

Thanks!

qzed commented on 2021-01-29 18:48

Whoops, you are right. Forgot to add that when switching to meson. Should be fixed in the latest version.

Farmer.Bobathan commented on 2021-01-29 18:30

The PKGBUILD needs meson, python-libevdev, python-pyudev, and python-pytest added to the makedepends.

qzed commented on 2020-08-20 06:56

This is an issue with the gpg setup/keyserver and not the package. As far as I can tell, there seems to be some sort of issue with the default gpg server at the moment (see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257527). You should be able to manually import the key via gpg --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key E23B7E70B467F0BF.

bishaflowten commented on 2020-08-20 01:25

I got this error when trying to import gpg keys during install using yay -S libwacom-surface or through pacman:

gpg: keyserver receive failed: General error problem importing keys

qzed commented on 2020-06-30 19:15

I can't reproduce this (with trizen). The error seems to come from the configuration step of libwacom, so the libwacom build system itself. The message indicates that something is wrong with file timestamps (especially the file creation date, i.e. it seems that the date of a newly created file is older than the files of the libwacom source zip). Unfortunately I have no clue why something like this could be happening.

TornaxO7 commented on 2020-06-30 15:49

Hello! When I'm trying to update this package with trizen, than I'm getting this error, do you know probably how I can fix this?


==> Starting prepare()...
patching file libwacom/libwacom-database.c
patching file libwacom/libwacom.c
patching file libwacom/libwacom.h
patching file test/test-tablet-validity.c
The next patch would create the file data/surface-pro4.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-pro5.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-pro6.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-book.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-book2-13.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-book2-15.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file data/surface-go.tablet,
which already exists!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Starting build()...
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
:: Unable to build libwacom-surface - makepkg exited with code: 4
=>> Try again? [y/N]:  n
=>> Exit now? [Y/n]:  y

claytonsrobot commented on 2020-06-16 02:04

Thank you very much, this was helpful. I had to install base-devel before running makepkg. I used makepkg -i, so that I wouldn't have to figure out a second step.

This has been one of my first experiences with installing a package from a manually downloaded source file, and it has prepared me for my future with Manjaro, and possibly Arch down the road.

qzed commented on 2020-06-15 11:55

The file you're trying to install is not the package, but the source file. The package should end with .pkg.tar.zst (or .pkg.tar.xz, depending on the compression you've told makepkg to use). So, for the current version, the command to install should be pacman -U libwacom-surface-1.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst (or similar). I can also recommend using an AUR helper (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers), which can fetch, build, and install the package for you with a single command.

claytonsrobot commented on 2020-06-15 06:53

As with Tornax07, I am also getting a PGP error.

sudo pacman -U libwacom-1.3.tar.bz2

loading packages... error: 'libwacom-1.3.tar.bz2': invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)