Package Details: liquidsoap 1.3.3-3

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/liquidsoap.git (read-only)
Package Base: liquidsoap
Description: A swiss-army knife for multimedia streaming, notably used for netradios and webtvs
Upstream URL: http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: liquidsoap-full, liquidsoap-git
Submitter: mefistofeles
Maintainer: robertfoster
Last Packager: robertfoster
Votes: 9
Popularity: 0.000046
First Submitted: 2009-02-14 21:32
Last Updated: 2018-06-15 11:41

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

robertfoster commented on 2018-06-15 11:44

https://github.com/M0Rf30/PKGBUILD/raw/master/liquidsoap-1.3.3-3-x86_64.pkg.tar

deusstultus commented on 2018-06-14 21:07

makedepends+=('ocaml-findlib' 'camlp4')

xogium commented on 2018-06-14 07:19

I installed the latest built package because of the new ffmpeg that resulted in lib bump. I said maybe this will fix it... Hah, no such luck: Illegal instruction (core dumped). Someone's got a clue what to do ? If not then it is sad but I'm considering giving up on broadcasting on linux entirely, this is ridiculous to have such a broken software. Dmesg also shows this: traps: liquidsoap[10836] trap invalid opcode ip:5627ebf15572 sp:7ffc90b46ea0 error:0 in liquidsoap[5627eb908000+6d4000] Tried to build it again and here I get this: Error: Could not find the .cmi file for interface tools/rqueue.mli. So I don't know what is wrong but really this is starting to be a huge mess. I know it is not the maintainer's fault of course, I can understand that perfectly, but this is still very frustrating, and I just really don't feel like running a docker container for 8 streams.

robertfoster commented on 2018-06-13 22:19

https://github.com/M0Rf30/PKGBUILD/raw/master/liquidsoap-1.3.3-2.pkg.tar.xz

this is the latest successful build

Yamakaky commented on 2018-06-13 19:44

I personnaly use this Dockerfile:

from oblique/archlinux-pacaur

run useradd -U -m liquidsoap -u 2042 run sed -i -re 's/#Color/Color/' /etc/pacman.conf && \ sudo -u aur pacaur -S --noconfirm liquidsoap jack2 opam libsamplerate shine || true && \ yes | pacman -Scc && \ rm -rf /home/aur/.cache/pacaur

user liquidsoap run opam init -a && opam switch 4.05.0 add deps /home/liquidsoap/deps run eval $(opam config env) && opam pin add ffmpeg https://github.com/savonet/ocaml-ffmpeg/releases/download/0.1.2/ocaml-ffmpeg-0.1.2.tar.gz && opam install -y $(cat /home/liquidsoap/deps) liquidsoap add env entrypoint.sh /home/liquidsoap/ add etc /etc/liquidsoap

workdir /app cmd ["bash", "/home/liquidsoap/entrypoint.sh"]

5chdn commented on 2018-06-12 20:24

Looks like liquidsoap is a sinking ship. Today I upgraded from 1.3.3-1 to 1.3.3-2 and as always I had to rebuild all ocaml- dependencies and gstreamer- plugins to correctly link the binary. It always used to be an annoyance. But today I broke a whole radio station beyond repair.

First of all MAD encoder is broken in 1.3.3 - it simply segfaults. https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/issues/526

And even worse, the input.http() is silently not working anymore. I almost didn't notice. https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/issues/546

Now, I was considering a downgrade to 1.3.2 maybe, but with the latest ocaml update in repositories, older versions do not compile anymore and it's beyond my skills to figure out patches.

If anyone has an idea how to build 1.3.1 or 1.3.2 on a recent Arch system, please let me know. Thanks

Yamakaky commented on 2018-05-06 21:55

Hum, I get the same error while updating liquidsoap on my main arch install...

robertfoster commented on 2018-05-05 00:04

@Yamakaky use savonet/liquidsoap-full image

Yamakaky commented on 2018-05-02 21:13

While compiling inside the docker package oblique/archlinux-pacaur (so after rebuilding all the deps), I get the following error :

OCAMLOPT -c configure.ml File "configure.ml", line 27, characters 11-32: Error: Unbound module Camomile

ocaml-camomile looks correctly installed.

Seems related to https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/issues/543

xogium commented on 2018-04-29 11:59

Okay. By the way, it seems that liquidsoap requires ocaml-findlib, or it complains it can't find the bytes module of ocaml. I managed to get 1.3.3-1 version running a while back, gotta stay on that for now, till it get fixed.