Package Details: llvm-svn 3.9.0svn_r274222-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/llvm-svn.git (read-only)
Package Base: llvm-svn
Description: The LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
Upstream URL: http://llvm.org/
Keywords: clang llvm
Licenses: custom:University of Illinois
Groups: llvm-toolchain-svn
Conflicts: llvm
Provides: llvm
Replaces: llvm
Submitter: None
Maintainer: kerberizer
Last Packager: kerberizer
Votes: 69
Popularity: 0.366479
First Submitted: 2007-08-02 07:15
Last Updated: 2016-06-30 12:08

Dependencies (8)

Required by (93)

Sources (5)

Latest Comments

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-25 18:28

@okabekudo, really glad to hear it, thank you! BTW, if you don't mind using other people's binary repos, you may save further time with @lordheavy's (who's an Arch Linux dev and TU) or mine...

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=212819

okabekudo commented on 2016-07-25 16:51

@kerberizer I actually did yep with the -c flag but I tried again. With deleting my chroot folder and all and then it successfully built! Man I'm happy. No more waiting hours for llvm-svn to update :D

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-25 00:52

@okabekudo, I'm not seeing any problems on my build box. Are you building in a clean chroot?

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-24 19:51

@okabekudo, strange, indeed. The last automated build that I run every 6 hours has passed successfully. I'll start it manually and see if there might be some change upstream that is causing the problem.

okabekudo commented on 2016-07-24 19:19

make[3]: *** No rule to make target '/build/llvm-svn/src/llvm/include/mlvm/Target/TargetOpcodes.h', needed by 'lib/Target/AMDGPU/CMakeFiles/LLVMAMDGPUCodeGen.dir/R600EmitClauseMarkers.cpp.o'. Stop.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:5004: lib/Target/AMDGPU/CMakeFiles/LLVMAMDGPUCodeGen.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 79%] Built target LLVMMipsAsmParser
[ 79%] Built target LLVMMipsDesc
[ 79%] Built target LLVMMSP430CodeGen
[ 82%] Built target LLVMMipsCodeGen
[ 85%] Built target LLVMHexagonCodeGen
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:111320: docs/CMakeFiles/ocaml_doc.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:22648: ocaml_doc] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...
==> ERROR: Build failed, check /home/michel/chroot/michel/build

Getting this right now. Probably not due to the makeflags though.

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-24 17:47

@okabekudo, I think I understand what you might be refererring to: there used to be some complications with the OCaml bindings, which weren't necessarily caused by the multithreaded building, but may had been exacerbated by it. This has however been finally fixed in December, if I remember correctly. So, yes, please do test and let me know if you still find problems.

okabekudo commented on 2016-07-24 17:16

@keberizer Well in the past that means atmost 8 months ago it would break with makeflags -j. So I haven't tried since then. So that was just a generic question so far. But if you say it worked since you took over the maintainership I will test it now and report back.

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-24 17:05

@okabekudo, this package __does__ build with parallel make threads as many as 64, and as far as I can remember it has been that way ever since I took over the maintainership a year ago. I do see there used to be such problems in the past, but the last relevant comments seem to be from 2013. So, do you have a problem with the PKGBUILD __now__, or was it just a generic question? Thank you.

okabekudo commented on 2016-07-24 16:34

Does this still break when using makeflags -j? If it does please add options=('!makeflags') to the PKGBUILD. It's a pain editing either my makepkg.conf or the PKGBUILD everytime I update llvm-svn. And you probably know this it takes hours building llvm-svn. So it's crucial to get the paralell jobs fixed.

kerberizer commented on 2016-07-21 15:40

[NOTICE] Probably you've noticed that LLVM is now at version 4.0.0svn. If you're using it for Mesa, DON'T forget to also rebuild the latter after you update LLVM. The reason is that the name of the shared lib has also changed and the dynamic linker would have trouble finding the old file. Alternatively, you may temporarily create a symlink from /usr/lib/libLLVM-3.9svn.so to /usr/lib/libLLVM-4.0svn.so, which can be especially helpful if you can't get to the desktop because of the problem. Once Mesa--and any other applications that had been linked to the LLVM shared lib--are recompiled however, it's better to remove that symlink.

All comments