Package Details: logitechmediaserver-git 7.9.1-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/logitechmediaserver-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: logitechmediaserver-git
Description: Slimserver for Logitech Squeezebox players. This server is also called Logitech Media Server. (Git-Version, if you prefer stability consider using logitechmediaserver instead)
Upstream URL: https://github.com/stefansielaff/slimserver
Keywords: logitech slimserver squeezebox
Licenses: GPL, custom
Provides: logitechmediaserver
Submitter: stef.an
Maintainer: stef.an
Last Packager: stef.an
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.534568
First Submitted: 2015-05-16 16:04
Last Updated: 2017-06-28 14:59

Latest Comments

fydo commented on 2017-09-07 15:52

stef.an, thank you so much! You have solved my problem.

Have a great day!

stef.an commented on 2017-09-07 14:52

Hi,

you have to rebuild the package after upgrading perl, it is only compatible to the perl version you built it with.

This is the usual way to handle lms on perl upgrades:
- uninstall lms (this leaves your libraray and data intact)
- upgrade system
- (re)build using the latest PKGBUILD from here and install lms

If you're using yaourt, it might handle that for you but I'm not sure about that (yaourt -Syu instead of pacman -Syu).

fydo commented on 2017-09-06 21:58

I'm getting the same issue as blackhole when trying to update:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: logitechmediaserver-git: installing perl (5.26.0-4) breaks dependency 'perl<5.25'

blackhole commented on 2017-06-06 14:28

logitechmediaserver-git: installing perl (5.26.0-1) breaks dependency 'perl<5.25'


stef.an commented on 2016-12-04 10:59

Thanks, I've renamed EV.pm in the repo and it shouldn't cause this problem anymore.
The upstream's included CPAN is a pain and I'll try to replace some more of them by the system versions. But afaik this has to be done carefully, because there are some specific hacks in some of the modules...

IanDury commented on 2016-12-04 10:02

Thanks for the good work Stef.an

I get exactly the same EV object version error message as Renophaston when trying to "clear libary and rescan everything".

Thanks to his workaround (rename /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/CPAN/EV.pm) I'm able to rescan the media libary. I'm on armv7h.

Renophaston commented on 2016-07-18 20:52

Sometime recently "New Music" stopped listing anything and things like Search always came up empty. This was in my scanner log:

Error: Failed when running main scan: [EV object version 4.22 does not match bootstrap parameter 4.03 at /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/DynaLoader.pm line 210.

and eventually:

Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

I'm pretty lost re: Perl, but I think it was mixing the EV in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/ with the EV in /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/CPAN, since those report versions 4.22 and 4.03 respectively. I renamed /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/CPAN/EV.pm and ran a clean scan and so far everything works. I can't see anything in he LMS EV.pm that looks like it needs to be used... but I don't REALLY know what I did. :) I'm on i686.

stef.an commented on 2016-06-25 10:05

Oh okay, you can install and keep both, they are non-blocking to allow testing of both versions at the same time.

No need to change the script, each version installs its own service file: use
systemctl [enable|start] logitechmediaserver-git
to start the git version.

theking2 commented on 2016-06-25 08:46

Oh, I see. I have a logitechmediaserver and a logitechmediaserver-git under /opt now :-/ I was attempting to start the non git one.

After updating /etc/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service the proper version was started succesfully
[code][Unit]
Description=Logitech Media Server Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
User=logitechms
Group=logitechms
PIDFile=/var/run/lms.pid
WorkingDirectory=/opt/logitechmediaserver-git
ExecStart=/opt/logitechmediaserver-git/slimserver.pl \
--prefsdir /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/prefs \
--cachedir /opt/logitechmediaserver-git/cache \
--logdir /var/log/logitechmediaserver

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target[/code]

theking2 commented on 2016-06-25 08:22

I did force a perl update (the old LMS was blocking it) compiled the package and installed it. Twice. Didn-t help.

All comments