Package Details: lua-luajson 1.3.4-9

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/lua-luajson.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: lua-luajson
Description: JSON parser/encoder for Lua
Upstream URL: https://www.eharning.us/wiki/luajson/
Licenses: MIT
Submitter: trougnouf
Maintainer: trougnouf
Last Packager: trougnouf
Votes: 4
Popularity: 0.024619
First Submitted: 2019-04-20 12:36 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2023-07-15 13:41 (UTC)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-26 09:26 (UTC)

The package is up to date and works. (I use it on a regular basis.) Dependencies have not changed (namely lua-lpeg which is also up to date in the main repository).

malacology keeps insisting that I "fix" this package but refuses to point out anything non-functional.

On 3/26/24 07:12, notify@aur.archlinux.org wrote:

malacology [1] filed an orphan request for lua-luajson [2]:

Maintainer didn't want to fix the pkg with depends changed and upstream patch

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/malacology/ [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/lua-luajson/

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-25 15:11 (UTC) (edited on 2024-03-25 15:12 (UTC) by trougnouf)

You have no idea what the "ugly hack" does and have no actual issue with this package, do you? Either please stop wasting my time or describe an actual issue you are running into that can be fixed in this package.

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-25 14:20 (UTC) (edited on 2024-03-25 14:24 (UTC) by trougnouf)

Yes, it is included in the dependencies (line 23: "depends=(lua-lpeg)"). Your point being?

Btw one of the patches you mentioned is broken. I know that because it is my commit.

malacology commented on 2024-03-25 14:13 (UTC)

Do you know lua-lpeg is the depends? Do you know that fact?

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-25 07:00 (UTC)

I still have no idea what your issue is. The errors you show are only related to lua-lpeg not this package.

malacology commented on 2024-03-25 05:26 (UTC) (edited on 2024-03-25 05:30 (UTC) by malacology)

I don't want to use ugly hack to describe anyone

> lpeg = require("lpeg")
> lpeg.version
LPeg 1.1.0
> tonumber(lpeg.version():match("^(%d+%.%d+)"))
stdin:1: attempt to call a string value (field 'version')
stack traceback:
    stdin:1: in main chunk
    [C]: in ?
> lpeg.version()
stdin:1: attempt to call a string value (field 'version')
stack traceback:
    stdin:1: in main chunk
    [C]: in ?

check the upstream https://github.com/harningt/luajson/issues/47

this can be fixed by 1. https://github.com/harningt/luajson/pull/48.patch 2. https://github.com/harningt/luajson/pull/49.patch 3. https://github.com/trougnouf/luajson/commit/2d2f6799dd345897b8269b7935e3b2cd28a3c229.patch 4. https://github.com/jokajak/luajson/commit/095678ded421a8ee11ca6456fbfd595fd32246d3.patch 5. https://github.com/jokajak/luajson/commit/f23e38fc35cea8db78df124f1bd6d3d56e6c9ab1.patch

this pkg can't be used anymore

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-01 14:22 (UTC)

What's not working in your use-case? I have no issue with the ugly hack and upstream hasn't released a new release yet so if it's not broken then it's not worth my time to fix it. If you want to then I can add you as a co-maintainer.

malacology commented on 2024-03-01 12:53 (UTC)

Because this package has no patch to make it work, actually out of date

trougnouf commented on 2024-03-01 12:29 (UTC)

What do you mean by "Your package lua-luajson [1] has been flagged out-of-date by malacology [2]:

depends need to be updated"?

I'm unflagging for now because I don't see anything out of date.

malacology commented on 2024-02-16 11:50 (UTC)

If they fixed it, it's easy to use

patch -p1 < $srcdir/xxx.patch

to fix it