Package Details: mingw-w64-gettext 0.19.8.1-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mingw-w64-gettext.git (read-only)
Package Base: mingw-w64-gettext
Description: GNU internationalization library (mingw-w64)
Upstream URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
Licenses: GPL
Submitter: brcha
Maintainer: xantares (Martchus)
Last Packager: Martchus
Votes: 20
Popularity: 0.931777
First Submitted: 2012-06-13 18:20
Last Updated: 2016-08-17 22:13

Sources (9)

Latest Comments

xantares commented on 2016-08-14 07:33

Ok, added you as co-maintainer.

Martchus commented on 2016-08-13 14:18

I've just kept the exe files because they might be useful for me and they are not very big. I didn't want to propose that change for the package here as the general rule is to remove them.

Of course upstream doesn't provide the pkgconfig file, but it is useful to fix broken pkgconfig files in libs requiring the library such as harfbuzz and glib2. Otherwise eg. `x86_64-w64-mingw32-pkg-config --static --libs harfbuzz` will miss -liconv.
This is a known bug: https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/744

xantares commented on 2016-08-13 12:59

thanks!
I keep on removing the .exes though.
I did not keep your the pkgconfig file as upstream do not provide it.
xan.

Martchus commented on 2016-08-12 19:58

Here is an updated PKGBUILD: https://github.com/Martchus/PKGBUILDs/commit/b12ed5b2276a0dde1e24f38ebe538a27aebc3b8e

Had to fix a few things to make it work (see commit message).

This version also includes a pkgconfig file for intl which could help fixing issues with static Qt 5.

xantares commented on 2016-05-21 09:59

@cleanrock:
seems the same as the regular package
gpg --recv D605848ED7E69871

cleanrock commented on 2016-05-21 09:19

Is validpgpkeys correct ?
==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg...
gettext-0.19.7.tar.gz ... FAILED (unknown public key D605848ED7E69871)
==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!
:: failed to verify mingw-w64-gettext integrity

xantares commented on 2015-10-14 09:29

Hi @osfans
Try reinstalling mingw-w64-configure, maybe I should have bumped it.
xan.

osfans commented on 2015-10-14 07:43

Same build break with @Auguste.

Build success when removing the path ".."

${_arch}-configure \
--disable-java \
--disable-native-java \
--disable-csharp \
--enable-threads=win32 \
--without-emacs ..

Auguste commented on 2015-10-08 09:40

$ makepkg
==> Making package: mingw-w64-gettext 0.19.6-1 (Thu Oct 8 17:33:26 CST 2015)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Found gettext-0.19.6.tar.gz
-> Found gettext-0.19.6.tar.gz.sig
-> Found 00-relocatex-libintl-0.18.3.1.patch
-> Found 05-always-use-libintl-vsnprintf.mingw.patch
-> Found 06-dont-include-ctype-after-gnulibs-wctype.mingw.patch
-> Found 07-fix-asprintf-conflict.mingw.patch
-> Found 08-vs-compatible.patch
==> WARNING: Skipping verification of source file PGP signatures.
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
gettext-0.19.6.tar.gz ... Passed
gettext-0.19.6.tar.gz.sig ... Skipped
00-relocatex-libintl-0.18.3.1.patch ... Passed
05-always-use-libintl-vsnprintf.mingw.patch ... Passed
06-dont-include-ctype-after-gnulibs-wctype.mingw.patch ... Passed
07-fix-asprintf-conflict.mingw.patch ... Passed
08-vs-compatible.patch ... Passed
==> Extracting sources...
-> Extracting gettext-0.19.6.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Starting prepare()...
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/bindtextdom.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 21 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 66 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 324 (offset -1 lines).
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/canonicalize.c
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/Makefile.in
Hunk #1 succeeded at 127 (offset 5 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 158 (offset 5 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 193 (offset 5 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 304 (offset 12 lines).
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/relocatex.c
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/relocatex.h
patching file MINGW-PATCHES/README-relocatex-libintl.txt
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/printf.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 208 (offset -1 lines).
patching file gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/libxml/parser.c
patching file gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/libxml/threads.c
patching file gettext-runtime/libasprintf/vasnprintf.h
patching file gettext-runtime/libasprintf/vasprintf.h
patching file gettext-runtime/libasprintf/vasnprintf.c
patching file gettext-runtime/intl/libgnuintl.in.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 337 (offset 1 line).
==> Starting build()...
/tmp/mingw-w64-gettext/src/gettext-0.19.6/build-i686-w64-mingw32 /tmp/mingw-w64-gettext/src/gettext-0.19.6
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for i686-w64-mingw32-strip... i686-w64-mingw32-strip
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `..': machine `..' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ../build-aux/config.sub .. failed
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...

xantares commented on 2015-08-18 07:26

weird, build succeeded here, updated anyway

All comments