Package Details: mingw-w64-glib2 2.66.2-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: mingw-w64-glib2
Description: Low level core library (mingw-w64)
Upstream URL:
Keywords: glib2 gnome gtk gtk2 gtk3 mingw mingw-w64
Licenses: LGPL2.1
Submitter: brcha
Maintainer: drakkan
Last Packager: drakkan
Votes: 19
Popularity: 0.001378
First Submitted: 2012-06-13 19:15
Last Updated: 2020-10-20 16:00

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next › Last »

hanckmann commented on 2015-02-15 18:29

I have installed mingw-w64-gettext.

but I still get this error:
*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
*** GNU gettext library. (

==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build mingw-w64-glib2.

xantares commented on 2014-12-14 18:25

should makedepend on mingw-w64-configure instead of mingw-w64-gcc

ant32 commented on 2014-12-14 16:49

/startdir/PKGBUILD: line 42: i686-w64-mingw32-configure: command not found

xantares commented on 2014-11-19 16:57

I did not get this error the last I built it as I just
took this PKGBUILD in this current state and added my sed line for nametoindex.
it looks like you added several patches (where do they come from btw ?), maybe they are the source of this trouble.
I filled an orphan request so as to update it the best I can, hope it will be accepted soon.

riguk commented on 2014-11-19 15:03

hello again,

i made some progress but now i am stuck when compiling gio:

CCLD glib-compile-schemas.exe
glib-compile-schemas.o:glib-compile-schemas.c:(.text+0xdc): undefined reference to `__imp_g_ascii_table'
glib-compile-schemas.o:glib-compile-schemas.c:(.text+0x82c): undefined reference to `__imp_g_ascii_table'
glib-compile-schemas.o:glib-compile-schemas.c:(.text+0x2723): undefined reference to `__imp_g_ascii_table'
C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: glib-compile-schemas.o: bad reloc address 0x8 in section `.data'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:2029: recipe for target 'glib-compile-schemas.exe' failed

does somebody has the same behavior ?

note: my corporate proxy is blocking pastebin like site.

riguk commented on 2014-11-18 15:52

by the way should G_OS_WIN32 be set when using mingw-64 ?


case $host in
glib_os="#define G_OS_UNIX
#define G_PLATFORM_WIN32
#define G_WITH_CYGWIN"
*-*-mingw*) --> catches also MINGW64_XXXX
glib_os="#define G_OS_WIN32
#define G_PLATFORM_WIN32"
glib_os="#define G_OS_UNIX"

it seems there is more than one way to solve this.

riguk commented on 2014-11-18 15:36

real error is at g_socket.c line 1934:

#if !defined(HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX) && defined(G_OS_WIN32)
static guint
if_nametoindex (const gchar *iface)


so yes, if HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX is set it will not define if_nametoindex a second time and thus there this error won't appear.

xan, how do you manage to get compilation working ? by patching directly gsocket.c ? -this works for me -

riguk commented on 2014-11-18 15:10

i added the sed line plus my patch in prepare func:

prepare() {
cd "$srcdir/glib-$pkgver"

patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0001-Use-CreateFile-on-Win32-to-make-sure-g_unlink-always.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0003-g_abort.all.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0004-glib-prefer-constructors-over-DllMain.patch"
patch -Np0 -i "$srcdir/0005-glib-send-log-messages-to-correct-stdout-and-stderr.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0015-fix-stat.all.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0017-glib-use-gnu-print-scanf.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0021-use-64bit-stat-for-localfile-size-calc.all.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0023-print-in-binary-more-for-testing.all.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0024-return-actually-written-data-in-printf.all.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0025-glib-update-valgrind-h-stdint.patch"
patch -Np1 -i "$srcdir/0026-fix-if-nametoindex-detection.patch" --> my patch
sed -i "s|#undef HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX|#define HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX 1|g" --> your sed


but it still doest not work and i really think this is because create on the fly.

The C compilation error is in multiple declaration of function if_nametoindex and not lack of declaration. I wonder if having HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX set will really solve the conflict between iphlpapi.h and netioapi.h headers.

xantares commented on 2014-11-18 14:04

no, really just insert the sed line in the prepare section and you'll be fine

riguk commented on 2014-11-18 13:31


i managed by my own to create the patch and made it works then i discovered that was generated as stated in the first lines of the file --'

/* Generated from by autoheader. */

so that's why i couldn't managed to apply your modification.

i am currently digging in autoconf documentation to find out how autoheader works.