Package Details: mingw-w64-luajit-2.1 2.1.0.beta3-3

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mingw-w64-luajit-2.1.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: mingw-w64-luajit-2.1
Description: Just-in-time compiler and drop-in replacement for Lua 5.1
Upstream URL: http://luajit.org/
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: mingw-w64-luajit
Provides: mingw-w64-luajit
Submitter: edub4rt
Maintainer: edub4rt
Last Packager: edub4rt
Votes: 0
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2017-11-24 14:01
Last Updated: 2020-05-23 16:41

Latest Comments

UncombedCoconut commented on 2020-11-09 04:26

Hi! I noticed some issues with using the dynamic library in this package.

1: The LuaJIT install instructions [1] contain the phrasing "lua51.dll created by the LuaJIT build (do not rename the DLL)". Based on my testing, they are serious!! Binaries linked against luajit wind up containing references to "lua51.dll". Therefore, I think the package() function must be adjusted.
2: The installed pkgconfig file said "prefix=/usr/local" instead of "prefix=/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32" (for example), so pkg-config unfortunately provides incorrect output.

While looking into this, I noticed the MSYS2 project had a very helpful PKGBUILD of its own. (It's for their Windows-based environment which happens to use Pacman, not Arch Linux, but its patches and the decisions in its package() seem to contain useful information!)

[1] https://luajit.org/install.html [2] https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-luajit

maxmitti commented on 2018-11-28 14:11

mingw-w64-gcc should be a dependency instead of gcc-multilib.

Also it should be a makedepend instead of a normal dependency, i guess.