Package Details: mingw-w64-mariadb-connector-c 2.3.3-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mingw-w64-mariadb-connector-c.git (read-only)
Package Base: mingw-w64-mariadb-connector-c
Description: MariaDB Connector/C is used to connect applications developed in C/C++ to MariaDB and MySQL databases (mingw-w64)
Upstream URL: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/about-mariadb-connector-c
Licenses: LGPL
Conflicts: mingw-w64-libmariadbclient
Provides: mingw-w64-libmariadbclient=2.3.3
Replaces: mingw-w64-libmariadbclient
Submitter: ant32
Maintainer: Martchus
Last Packager: Martchus
Votes: 11
Popularity: 0.717662
First Submitted: 2015-02-05 18:25
Last Updated: 2017-07-07 13:09

Pinned Comments

Martchus commented on 2016-05-31 08:06

All my packages are managed at GitHub where you can also contribute directly: https://github.com/Martchus/PKGBUILDs
Patches for this package are managed at: https://github.com/Martchus/mariadb-connector-c/tree/v2.3.1-mingw-w64

There also exist a binary repository: https://martchus.no-ip.biz/repo/arch/ownstuff

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

Martchus commented on 2018-07-30 13:08

@adsun I'm aware that this is out of date. Like I said in the previous comment, there are issues blocking me to upgrade and I currently lack the motivation to fix them. Any help with this is appreciated of course.

Here my WIP branches:
PKGBUILD itself: https://github.com/Martchus/PKGBUILDs/commits/update/mariadb-connector-c
patches: https://github.com/Martchus/mariadb-connector-c/tree/v3.0.2-mingw-w64

Martchus commented on 2017-12-09 20:35

Note that I'm aware that 3.0.2 has already been released. However, I'm currently unable to update.

Work is already in progress (https://github.com/Martchus/PKGBUILDs/tree/update/mariadb-connector-c), but there are just too many issue right now.

BTW: When trying to use the currently packaged version 2.3.3 with static Qt 5.10.0, I also encountered conflicting symbols because mingw-w64-mariadb-connector-c defines its own pthread functions. So despite the using now the latest OpenSSL, static Qt and mingw-w64-mariadb-connector-c still don't work together.

xantares commented on 2017-07-06 19:08

in the mean time this package must override the cmake lib search var
xan.

Martchus commented on 2017-07-04 18:52

@xantares I guess this problem will be solved when mingw-w64-openssl includes a symlink libcrypto.dll to libcrypto-1_1.dll. Then CMake should be able to find the current version and will not wrongly fall back to legacy. I didn't notice myself because I've built the package in a clean chroot which would be a workaround for the problem.

Note that it should not be a problem when this package links against current OpenSSL while Qt 5 itself still uses the legacy version. At least the idea is that symbol clash is prevented via https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/openssl-1.0-versioned-symbols.patch?h=mingw-w64-openssl-1.0. Hopefully this patch does not prevent the runtime loading mechanism of Qt to work. (I guess I have never explicitly tested whether OpenSSL built with that patch can still be loaded at runtime. Maybe the native Qt 5 package uses link-time config for a reason?)

xantares commented on 2017-07-04 16:44

hi,
It links to openssl-1.0 when installed:
-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/bin/libeay32.dll (found version "1.1.0f")
how to deal with this as its used by qt4 & qt5 which use different versions of openssl themselves, not very urgent as I guess it's just some kind of optional plugin
xan.

Martchus commented on 2016-09-19 08:38

Sorry, I've forgot to update. I will do it later. Maybe I'll just change it to skip because the patches are part of the same archive anyways.

rubdos commented on 2016-09-19 08:35

Seems like the patch files don't pass the sha1 test:

==> Validating source files with sha1sums...
mariadb-connector-c-2.3.1-src.tar.gz ... Passed
0001-Fix-libnames-for-mingw-w64.patch ... FAILED
0002-Fix-_SIZE_T_DEFINED-under-mingw-w64.patch ... FAILED
0003-Use-fopen-rather-than-fopen_s-for-XP-compatibility.patch ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

Martchus commented on 2016-05-31 08:08

Updated the package to the latest version. I just used the sources from the regular mariadb-connector-c, updated the patches and fixed some minor mistakes.

EDIT: 32-Bit version seems to be broken. Has probably something to do with the calling convention.
EDIT: It should be fixed now. stdcall decorated symbols should now be exported correctly in libmariadb.dll.

Martchus commented on 2016-05-31 08:06

All my packages are managed at GitHub where you can also contribute directly: https://github.com/Martchus/PKGBUILDs
Patches for this package are managed at: https://github.com/Martchus/mariadb-connector-c/tree/v2.3.1-mingw-w64

There also exist a binary repository: https://martchus.no-ip.biz/repo/arch/ownstuff

SplitFire commented on 2016-05-31 00:56

Source code can be downloaded here: http://archive.mariadb.org//connector-c-2.1.0/source-tgz/mariadb-connector-c-2.1.0-src.tar.gz