Package Details: mod_perl 2.0.11-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/mod_perl.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: mod_perl
Description: Apache module that embeds the Perl interpreter within the server
Upstream URL: http://perl.apache.org/
Licenses: Apache
Submitter: anatolik
Maintainer: mattsday
Last Packager: mattsday
Votes: 7
Popularity: 0.001379
First Submitted: 2015-06-28 15:38
Last Updated: 2020-10-06 17:14

Pinned Comments

lb.laboon commented on 2017-09-14 16:24

A note to everyone compiling this package:

You must import PGP key AB34BA0040E92ECE into your keyring in order to validate the source package.
Please see the Arch wiki for more details: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/makepkg#Signature_checking

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next › Last »

mattsday commented on 2020-10-06 17:16

I won't have time to look at this again this week I think, but running a local test I'm convinced this will help many people who's tests are failing - so pushing to rel 4.

If it doesn't work, commenting out this line from the PKGBUILD: APACHE_TEST_PRETEND_NO_LWP=1 make test should.

mattsday commented on 2020-10-06 16:37

Sorry for taking so long @woodape to look.

The incriminating line seems to be here:

waiting 180 seconds for server to start: .[Sun Sep 27 05:51:36.715829 2020] [core:trace3] [pid 190080] core.c(3361): Setting LogLevel for all modules to trace8
[  error] port 8529 is in use, cannot determine server pid to shutdown
+--------------------------------------------------------+
| Please file a bug report: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ |
+--------------------------------------------------------+
make: *** [Makefile:1075: run_tests] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Do you run a service that's already bound to port 8529, this would certainly create a failure scenario. I'm thinking pushing a change that runs the tests on a higher port that's less likely to be used will make it more likely to be successful for folk - perhaps 48251.

Can you try this:

APACHE_TEST_PORT=48251 APACHE_TEST_PRETEND_NO_LWP=1 make test

If it's successful for you, I'll do a new pkg release with that change.

woodape commented on 2020-09-27 03:57

@mattsday, sorry for the delay. Here is a pastebin of a build I just tried. You can see the errors at the bottom. Any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/NmmJDGxS

mattsday commented on 2020-09-24 16:02

@woodape yes I am able to successfully build with the tests running.

If your output is the same as @nobicycle then I'd love to see the full build & failure log - as it appears (at a glance) that make test is returning non-zero but stating all's OK. There may be an error further up causing this.

The tests are also very flaky which I consider to be an upstream issue, but that's another matter.

woodape commented on 2020-09-24 11:11

Thanks very much @mattsday for taking over this package.

I'm still having no luck building the latest version 2.0.11-3. If I remove the line you suggest in a previous comment, APACHE_TEST_PRETEND_NO_LWP=1 make test it builds fine. Are you able to build with this line included?

mattsday commented on 2020-09-16 08:27

Updated the package to rel-3 which works around some upstream issues with the built-in tests, causing them to fail. These have been reported and hopefully will be fixed in a future mod_perl release.

nobicycle commented on 2020-08-24 05:30

@mattsday Thank you. That allowed successful compile.

mattsday commented on 2020-08-22 12:45

@nobicycle I just rebuilt it on my system and it worked for me.

Maybe try commenting out this line from the PKGBUILD: APACHE_TEST_PRETEND_NO_LWP=1 make test

Before I took over this was the case as there are reports that mod_perl's make test system is a little broken...

nobicycle commented on 2020-08-22 10:49

Hello, Using mod_perl-2.0.11.tar.gz

$ makepkg ... waiting 180 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 1 secs) server localhost:8529 started t/206.t ........................ ok
t/304.t ........................ ok
t/404-filename-with-newline.t .. ok
t/404.t ........................ ok
t/500.t ........................ ok
t/bad_scripts.t ................ ok
t/basic.t ...................... ok
t/bin_resp.t ................... ok
t/cgi.t ........................ ok
t/closure.t .................... ok
t/dirindex.t ................... ok
t/fatalstobrowser.t ............ skipped: cannot find one of cgi.c or cgid.c, fatalsToBrowser known not to work, CGI version 99.99 or higher is required t/flush.t ...................... skipped: cannot find module 'deflate' t/ithreads.t ................... ok
t/nph.t ........................ ok
t/perlrun_extload.t ............ ok
t/prefork.t .................... skipped: can't run under threaded MPMs t/redirect.t ................... skipped: libwww-perl is not installed t/regex.t ...................... ok
t/rewrite_env.t ................ skipped: cannot find module 'mod_rewrite.c' t/special_blocks.t ............. ok
All tests successful. Files=21, Tests=77, 10 wallclock secs ( 0.07 usr 0.06 sys + 5.19 cusr 1.48 csys = 6.80 CPU) Result: PASS [warning] server localhost:8529 shutdown make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/Archives/archives/Office/Inventory/ocsinventory/mod_perl/src/mod_perl-2.0.11/ModPerl-Registry' ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in check(). Aborting...

df8oe commented on 2020-06-24 09:29

That fixed it. Many thanks for your very fast work!