Package Details: monogame-git 3.5-2

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/monogame-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: monogame-git
Description: Open Source implementation of the Microsoft XNA 4 Framework.
Upstream URL: http://www.monogame.net/
Keywords: Game_Development MonoGame
Licenses: Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL)
Groups: any
Conflicts: monogame, tao-framework, tao-framework-svn
Provides: monogame
Submitter: Schala
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: VIPRIP
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.009049
First Submitted: 2012-05-07 16:48
Last Updated: 2016-03-22 08:01

Latest Comments

mikeroll commented on 2016-06-29 21:49

FYI, There is now a binary package made from the official installer: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/monogame-bin/

SirCmpwn commented on 2016-03-21 12:21

Well, you could just drop sharpfonts from the deps, but YMMV

CIB commented on 2016-03-21 12:20

Any way to install this without having your system fonts replaced by sharpfonts?

boreq commented on 2015-09-24 10:24

Any idea how to install and use the pipeline tool? My understanding is that I should be able to run 'mgcb' but I get an error while doing so:
Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/monogame/MGCB.Linux.exe': No such file or directory.

colinkeenan commented on 2015-09-23 15:46

Thanks for putting the dependencies on AUR (sharpfont changed to sharpfonts), and getting this package to build. I had filed an orphan request because I wasn't sure you were still working on it. I'm glad you are.

colinkeenan commented on 2015-09-23 15:45

Thanks for putting the dependencies on AUR (sharpfont changed to sharpfonts), and getting this package to build. I had filed an orphone request because I wasn't sure you were still working on it. I'm glad you are.

SirCmpwn commented on 2015-09-23 15:11

Well, I got this to build again. The MonoDevelop add-in still does not work, but MonoDevelop does not give me any useful output about what's wrong.

poculeka commented on 2015-09-07 09:52

So I've also made some progress: build() function in PKGBUILD should probably look like this:
build() {
cd "${srcdir}/${pkgname%-*}"
mono Protobuild.exe
nant build_linux
cd IDE/MonoDevelop/
xbuild MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln /p:Configuration=Release
cd ../../../
xbuild MonoGame.Framework.Linux.sln /p:Configuration=Release
}

There's also need to edit line in function prepare():
cd IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame
So in order for script to execute every appearance of ProjectTemplates/MonoDevelop must be changed to IDE/MonoDevelop and configuration has to be switched from "ReleaseLinux" to "Release".

That leads to another error, which I've already encountered while trying to build from source manually, and didn't find any help with it: "MonoGameAndroidProject.cs(5,52): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `MonoDroid' does not exist in the namespace `MonoDevelop'. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

colinkeenan commented on 2015-09-03 06:29

I got further by modifying some lines of the PKGBUILD

line 33:
cd IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame

lines 41 and 42:
cd IDE/MonoDevelop
xbuild MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln /p:Configuration=ReleaseLinux

and line 59 will need to be modified to, but I don't know to what

I'm getting stuck on the xbuild (line 42):
...
XBuild Engine Version 12.0
Mono, Version 4.0.3.0
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Various Mono authors

Build started 09/03/2015 01:19:52.
__________________________________________________
Project "/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln" (default target(s)):
Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln: error : Invalid solution configuration and platform: "ReleaseLinux|Any CPU".
Task "Error" execution -- FAILED
Done building target "ValidateSolutionConfiguration" in project "/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln".-- FAILED
Done building project "/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.
Errors:

/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln (default targets) ->
(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->

/home/colin/repo/monogame-git/src/monogame/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame.Addin.sln: error : Invalid solution configuration and platform: "ReleaseLinux|Any CPU".

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.1657810
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...

colinkeenan commented on 2015-09-03 06:12

I got much further by editing the PKDGBUILD. I had to change 3 lines that had "ProjectTemplates/MonoDevelop/...."

I replaced "ProjectTemplates" with "IDE" and removed the 2nd "MonoDevelop.MonoGame"

So, lines 33, and 41 are:
cd IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame

and line 59 is:
cd "${srcdir}/${pkgname%-*}/IDE/MonoDevelop/MonoDevelop.MonoGame/bin/Linux/Release"

However, there's still a problem. I get:
...
BUILD SUCCEEDED

Total time: 9.2 seconds.

XBuild Engine Version 12.0
Mono, Version 4.0.3.0
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Various Mono authors
MSBUILD: error MSBUILD0000: Project file 'MonoDevelop.MonoGame.sln' not found.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...


All comments