Package Details: mplayer2 20131009-14

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: mplayer2
Description: Advanced general-purpose media player. A fork of the original MPlayer project
Upstream URL:
Keywords: media player video
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: mplayer
Provides: mplayer
Submitter: Barthalion
Maintainer: applebloom
Last Packager: applebloom
Votes: 49
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2013-10-04 10:30 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2018-11-11 19:41 (UTC)

Required by (117)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next › Last »

applebloom commented on 2018-11-11 20:06 (UTC)

As always, I'm very sorry for the delay.

I didn't see any fixes for Mplayer 2 making it work with FFmpeg 4 as I did some time ago with FFmpeg 3. And the error was in the autoconf script, which I have little knowledge of. As a hotfix, I simply changed the requirement to an AUR package with an older FFmpeg (ffmpeg3.4), simply pointing to it in the build script. The downsides are that you need to build and store another package and you won't get new stuff form FFmpeg.

This is probably the last time I'm intervening with this package. Next time it breaks, I might fix it but I might not, depending if it's simple or not.

I and probably some of you kept clinging to Mplayer2 after it's death and rebityh as MPV for some time because MPV broke the de-facto protocol used to control it in frontends like smplayer. However, I believe this long behind us and there are multiple frontends working with MPV (even smplayer does I think). I myself migrated to MPV a few years back and I'm using it without any frontends, only with my own addon called mpvmenu. Other than the frontends issue, MPV is better than Mplayer2 in any possible way.

Recently, 5 years passed since Mplayer2 was last updated. I think it's time to stop reanimating this corpse, burry it and move on.

applebloom commented on 2018-10-25 06:08 (UTC)

I'll have a look in the weekend. FFMpeg got a new major release since my last comment, probably it's that. Hopefully I'll find a patch or the needed changes are small.

SpaceboyRoss commented on 2018-10-24 23:07 (UTC)

Checking for Libav (libavutil > 51.21.0:libavcodec >= 54.25.0:libavformat > 53.20.0:libswscale >= 2.0.0:libavresample >= 1.0.0) ...

Error: Unable to find development files for some of the required Libav libraries above. Aborting.

applebloom commented on 2017-11-02 19:31 (UTC)

Fixed building with latest FFMpeg. Also, made slight changes to the PKGBUILD.

applebloom commented on 2017-01-03 18:29 (UTC)

Fixed, thanks.

inktvis75 commented on 2017-01-02 15:01 (UTC)

---------------------- screenshot.c: In function 'write_png': screenshot.c:97:22: error: 'PIX_FMT_RGB24' undeclared (first use in this function) avctx->pix_fmt = PIX_FMT_RGB24; ^~~~~~~~~~~~~ screenshot.c:97:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in screenshot.c:113:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'avcodec_get_frame_defaults' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] avcodec_get_frame_defaults(pic); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ screenshot.c:118:16: warning: implicit declaration of function 'avcodec_encode_video' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] int size = avcodec_encode_video(avctx, outbuffer, outbuffer_size, pic); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ make: *** [Makefile:537: screenshot.o] Error 1 --------------- maybe this is the solution:

youngunix commented on 2015-12-30 20:38 (UTC)

I think it's best to remove {} and replace it with {}.

applebloom commented on 2015-09-06 13:20 (UTC)

I forked mplayer2 from sl1pkn07 and added patches I had here. The PKGBUILD is updated so it uses my fork now. I should have done that a long time ago. Package works now.

alex.theoto commented on 2015-08-29 19:06 (UTC)

url is dead. github link is dead.

applebloom commented on 2015-06-14 15:58 (UTC)

Thanks, I've added those patches. Also migrated to AUR4.