Package Details: mudlet 3.7.1-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: mudlet
Description: A modern MUD client with a graphical user inteface and built in Lua scripting
Upstream URL:
Keywords: client games mud
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: mudlet-deb, mudlet-dev, mudlet-git
Submitter: None
Maintainer: Xabre
Last Packager: Xabre
Votes: 13
Popularity: 0.239362
First Submitted: 2009-03-14 03:05
Last Updated: 2017-12-25 17:52

Latest Comments

Xabre commented on 2018-01-04 22:29

@Morthif I've been testing and trying to reproduce the issue, but it just does not appear on my end (neither with this build, nor upstream appimage). First thing I'd check is trying to disable scripts/triggers you use to check if there's anything that might interfere in any way.

Morthif commented on 2018-01-03 07:10

One thing I did notice though it is by no means a new error is when I use the spellcheck function it adds an & at the front of the word it fixes. So 'teh' would become '&the' if I used the spellcheck to fix it. Vadi never heard of the issue and seemed dismissive of it.

Xabre commented on 2017-12-25 17:53

Mudlet 3.7.1, there was no changelog, so I hope there are no dependancy changes. Let me know if something is fsck'ed up.

Morthif commented on 2017-12-25 06:08

3.7 got deleted and 3.7.1 is available now

Xabre commented on 2017-12-06 11:48

Mudlet 3.6.1 release, also built in updater is disabled since it's not needed. Please report if I messed up something again this time. :)

Morthif commented on 2017-12-05 02:50

works! Thanks.

Xabre commented on 2017-12-04 22:48

New dependancy: lua51-lcf Fixes problem below. Let me know if everything is alright now.

Xabre commented on 2017-12-04 19:57

Hey, Morthif, thanks for the report. Yes, I just saw it, and am working on it. There is a new dependancy, lua_code_formatter, which was introduced in this release. However, it's not built with the rest of the code, even though it's provided in the source. Looking into it, will update ASAP, meanwhile Mudlet should work, minus that new feature.

Morthif commented on 2017-12-04 05:55

Vadi seems to think it was packaged wrong. I'm getting this error on load

[ OK ] - Lua module rex_pcre loaded. [ OK ] - Lua module zip loaded. [ OK ] - Lua module lfs loaded. [ OK ] - Lua module sqlite3 loaded. [ OK ] - Lua module utf8 loaded. [ ERROR ] - Cannot load code indenter, indenting functionality won't be available. Lua error:[string "..."]:2: module 'lcf.workshop.base' not found: no field package.preload['lcf.workshop.base'] no file './lcf/workshop/base.lua' no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua' no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base.lua' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/base/init.lua' no file './lcf/workshop/' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lcf/workshop/' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/' no file '/usr/bin/lib/lcf/workshop/' no file './' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/' no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/' no file '/usr/bin/lib/'

Xabre commented on 2017-08-08 13:47

Problem below is fixed now, package updated to 3.4.0.

There is a slight delay with 3.4.0 release. Source tarball is incomplete, library that is supposed to be packaged in a source tarball is missing. I've contacted the developer and they said that archive will be fixed soon.

Meanwhile, if impatient, here's a PKGBUILD with a workaround that clones the missing files from the git.

I will update the package here in AUR as soon as the source tarball is fixed.

All comments