Package Details: obs-linuxbrowser 0.6.1-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: obs-linuxbrowser
Description: Browser source plugin for obs-studio based on CEF. Alternative to obs-qtwebkit.
Upstream URL:
Keywords: browser obs obs-qtwebkit plugin
Licenses: GPL
Conflicts: obs-linuxbrowser-bin
Submitter: NexAdn
Maintainer: None
Last Packager: NexAdn
Votes: 12
Popularity: 0.000117
First Submitted: 2017-04-01 14:55
Last Updated: 2019-04-06 16:57

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next › Last »

bazukas commented on 2017-12-12 16:45

Hey. Looks like you changed PKGBUILD to build locally. Could you confirm that mp3 works this way? Because it doesn't for me with 3202.

Atterratio commented on 2017-10-24 11:02

@NexAdn Thanks for the answer. As always, blame the gasket between the monitor and the chair , i.e. I. I compilled the plugin loacaly for test, and forgot to remove the CEF from the /opt. Most of all, I was afraid that this plug-in and my own conflict are in an unknown way to me)

NexAdn commented on 2017-10-23 20:23

@Atterratio — The plugin – as I have uploaded it to the AUR should work fine. Maybe there is a problem with your machine (e.g. see OrdinaryMagician's problem). If not, I would appreciate it if you try to figure out whether this is a problem caused by the AUR package or the plugin itself as it is provided by upstream (GitHub bazukas/obs-linuxbrowser, see PKGBUILD), in which case you should open a new issue there to file the bug.

Atterratio commented on 2017-10-23 13:43

I installed this plugin about a month ago, for the sample, and everything worked fine. Now at last I want to use it for purpose, and he does not work. Can anyone check this out?

OrdinaryMagician commented on 2017-05-15 21:29

It's not on their end, definitely. I've directly downloaded the release file from github and the in the archive is actually larger than the one this package installs.

Something, somewhere, is going very wrong when building.

Update: This was actually entirely my setup's fault. Seems like the files were being silently corrupted while the package was compressed. I stopped using lzop and went back to xz, now everything's fine again. I'm going to have to rebuild every single AUR package I have installed now...

NexAdn commented on 2017-05-15 15:53

@OrdinaryMagician — Segmentation fault is as far as I know an error that has to do with the program itself and not with how it was installed. Try to debug OBS and send important information to the developer:

If it has nevertheless to do with the way this package installs the plugin let me know.

OrdinaryMagician commented on 2017-05-15 15:43

Since the update to 0.2.0 obs-studio segfaults on launch.

NexAdn commented on 2017-04-17 16:07

Version 0.1.2. The plugin will be installed to global directories now.

Update May 1, 2017:
I've created a cef-minimal package. This package is no longer precompiled. I also added Pepper Flash as an optdepend.

Marte2007 commented on 2017-04-14 17:20

If I put all the files from bin/64bit/ in /usr/lib/obs-plugins/ I am able to start it, so I did some debugging with strace and I can see it's looking for /usr/lib/o/data/cef.pak...
It's a bug with the plugin, it cuts the path at a fixed number of chars, I'm submitting an issue on its Github.

NexAdn commented on 2017-04-11 20:00

@Marte2007: When installing the plugin to global directories (bin/64bit/* to /usr/lib/obs-plugins/ and data/* to /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins) the plugin stops working. The plugin always searches for files that it can't find. I have even tried to install the contents of both bin/64bit/* and data/* to share... (where the additional files should be placed) but it's also not working. Other file positions (of course exept of removing the plugin .so out of /usr/lib/obs-plugins/) even prevent OBS from starting.

Tell me if you have figured out how to make it work and I'll update the package as soon as I can.


wget and git have been removed.