Package Details: odin2-synthesizer 2.2.4-4

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/odin2-synthesizer.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: odin2-synthesizer
Description: 24 voice polyphonic synthesizer, with modulation and FX. (Standalone, VST3, LV2)
Upstream URL: https://www.thewavewarden.com/odin2
Keywords: audio lv2 plugin synth synthesizer vst
Licenses: GPL3
Submitter: ryzer
Maintainer: ryzer
Last Packager: ryzer
Votes: 6
Popularity: 2.17
First Submitted: 2020-10-27 20:46
Last Updated: 2020-11-05 19:03

Dependencies (23)

Required by (1)

Sources (4)

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2

ryzer commented on 2020-11-01 04:09

@caelia Regarding the renaming of those files - Of course, this was done for the desirable aesthetics, but I was also following the scripted installer created by the upstream maintainer, which does the same. So, I concur that this is an upstream issue.

I was not aware of this idiosyncrasy with LV2 plugins, since I don't use them. For now, I have changed the PKGBUILD to include the underscore. Thanks for the effort in diagnosing the issue, please let me know that it works for you.

Regarding the rm -rf ${srcdir}, I get that it's unconventional. It's essentially just forcing a clean build every time, which seemed necessary during my testing.

caelia commented on 2020-10-31 19:01

I've built and installed this package on two machines, and I'm finding that LV2 hosts (and particularly Ardour, which I'm most concerned about) can't find the Odin2 plugin. I am investigating, and I suspect it may be an upstream issue, but I thought I'd let you know in the meantime.

Also, I see you have rm -rf ${srcdir} in your package() function. I guess it's not hurting anything, but it's kind of weird. I've built hundreds of AUR packages, and I've never seen one that does this before.

UPDATE: So, I've found that the LV2 manifest file (installed as /usr/lib/lv2/Odin2/manifest.ttl) contains several references to Odin2_.so and Odin2_.ttl, but the actual filenames do not contain underscores. This discrepancy causes the plugin to be unfindable. I've verified this by manually editing the installed manifest file. If I simply remove the underscores, Ardour can find the plugin.

I dug a little further, and found that the erroneous names originate from the file LV2.mak, which contains the following line:

JUCE_TARGET := Odin2_

However, simply removing that underscore causes the build to fail, and I don't know what to do about it.

So it does indeed look like an upstream issue; accordingly, I've submitted a bug report to the Odin2 project.

UPDATE 2: Okay, it turns out the filename discrepancy arises from the fact that your PKGBUILD renames the files (Odin2_.so => Odin2.so and Odin2_.ttl => Odin2.ttl). So, although I vastly prefer the filenames without underscores, I guess you should not be renaming those files.

ryzer commented on 2020-10-27 21:13

If ttf-font has been satisfied but the fonts are still rendering as boxes, install one of the Optional Dependencies - ttf-dejavu or ttf-liberation.