Package Details: opensiddur-hebrew-fonts 1.18.6-2

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: opensiddur-hebrew-fonts
Description: The Open Siddur Project's Unicode Hebrew font pack. A large collection of open source Hebrew fonts, as well as a few for Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, and Amharic
Upstream URL:
Keywords: font hebrew
Licenses: GPL2, GPL3, Apache, custom:OFL, LPPL, GPL-FE, UBL
Conflicts: culmus, ttf-sil-ezra, ttf-symbola
Submitter: rellieberman
Maintainer: rellieberman
Last Packager: rellieberman
Votes: 3
Popularity: 0.000000
First Submitted: 2018-06-21 23:14 (UTC)
Last Updated: 2021-05-16 13:30 (UTC)

Dependencies (0)

Required by (0)

Sources (1)

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

rellieberman commented on 2021-11-05 10:08 (UTC) (edited on 2021-11-05 10:09 (UTC) by rellieberman)

Thanks, I do see your point.

I'm wondering If i should remove the aforementioned fonts from this package altogether. Instead having opensiddur-hebrew-fonts complement the popular Hebrew font packages in the aur, and provide a large extension to the amount of Hebrew fonts available, without conflicting.

gesh commented on 2021-11-01 17:50 (UTC)

All the conflicts should in fact be provides:

  • culmus: {David,Nachlieli,FrankRuehl,Hadasim,Miriam,MiriamMono,Simple,Stam{Ashkenaz,Sefarad}}CLM,KeterYG,Shofar are all provided here
  • ttf-sil-ezra: the two .ttf files provided there are also provided here
  • ttf-symbola: 7ab0e9f in upstream shows the version of symbola shipped is unchanged since 2014-08-26. However, ttf-symbola's upstream doesn't provide a sane version history, so recommend provides=('ttf-symbola=9.00') which is the earliest version provided by (and is still newer than the one shipped here)

rellieberman commented on 2021-02-02 11:39 (UTC) (edited on 2021-02-02 11:47 (UTC) by rellieberman)

Good afternoon I'm assuming its bsdtar and not bdstar that created the error.

On my system:

>>locale -a



can you run these before makepkg and confirm your locale is set correctly?

scott commented on 2021-02-02 09:39 (UTC)

Apologies, I'm on a very challenging keyboard/mouse -- previous comment entered unintentionally...

$makepkg -si
->Extracting with bdstar
bdstar: Pathname cannot be converted from UTF-8 to current locale.
bdstar: Archive entry has empty or unreadable filename ... skipping.
[this error repeats 8 times]
bdstar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
==> ERROR: Failed to extract

I have tried to "makepkg -si" with my locale set to "C", to "en_US.UTF-8" and to "he_IL.UTF-8" and all give the same error.

I was able to makepkg -si for culmus without error.

If I should be asking somewhere else, please forgive me and point me in the right direction. Yes, I have searched both the wiki and the bbs. Thanks!

scott commented on 2021-02-02 09:29 (UTC)

$ makepkg -si ... -> Extracting with bdstar bdstar: Pathname cannot be converted from UTF-8 to current locale. bdstar:

rellieberman commented on 2020-07-02 07:37 (UTC)

Seems like they were not necessary dependencies at all. I have remove all unneeded dependencies and updating system should not conflict any more.

bobi commented on 2020-07-01 07:20 (UTC)

xorg-fonts-alias dependency seems to be replaced with/split into a bunch of new ones:

rellieberman commented on 2019-12-31 11:28 (UTC)

I agree. Modified the description to better, well, describe this package.