Package Details: oracle-xe 11.2.0_1.0-4

Git Clone URL: (read-only)
Package Base: oracle-xe
Description: a non free DBMS
Upstream URL:
Keywords: oracle
Licenses: custom
Conflicts: oracle-xe
Provides: oracle-xe
Submitter: The_Loko
Maintainer: yesuu
Last Packager: The_Loko
Votes: 6
Popularity: 0.000015
First Submitted: 2015-11-12 22:21
Last Updated: 2016-03-08 12:37

Latest Comments

MoroS commented on 2018-01-08 10:35

Just a quick note for people using Yaourt. When installing oracle-xe run it first, so it installs all dependencies and created the temporary build/package directory, which is: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-your_user_name.

At this point Yaourt will fail complaining that there's no zip file (the one downloaded manually) and will ask to try running the build again. Pause here (don't exit Yaourt) and place the manually downloaded file in the /tmp/yaourt-tmp-your_user_name/aur-oracle-xe (should exist at this point).

Finally return to Yaourt and tell it to restart the build. It won't clean the .zip file placed in the temporary directory and will proceed with the installation normally. :)

maln0ir commented on 2017-01-21 21:06

I have the same issue like @jrborba and @kama. I debugged /etc/rc.d/oracle-xe script and it fails when $ORACLE_HOME/config/scripts/ is executed. After a few seconds something wrong is happening (when executing startup command from CloneRmanRestore.sql script) and script returns:

Configuring database...

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

and so on.

alonhar commented on 2017-01-21 20:44

The installation ends without any error, I run oracle-xe configure..
now what I have problem with the control file and some configuration,
If I write inside
sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL > stratup

it start with errors that it dont find the control file.

someone knows where is this file??

dartzon commented on 2017-01-21 20:24

Just git clone this package and download from Oracle's website, then put the zip file into the package's folder and run makepkg -si

syaorandroid commented on 2016-12-14 17:23

@sahbi you should copy and paste the file in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-<user>\aur-oracle-xe. But now i have another erros, like:
Write failed.
Can anybody help?

syaorandroid commented on 2016-12-14 16:43

I have the same problem as sahbi, does anybody knows what to do?

Scimmia commented on 2016-11-22 03:20

This should use bsdtar to extract the rpm, the same way makepkg does. No need for an extra makedep when all the script does is call bsdtar anyway.

kama commented on 2016-11-20 03:16

I have the same problem as jrborba. Can someone write a short howto?

jrborba commented on 2016-11-07 00:58

What kind of thing I need to do to run oracle-xe? My installation ends with no errors, but oracle-xe NEVER starts, even after run Thanks in advance.

wget commented on 2016-08-20 14:38

@The_Loko: Also, I was the guys who wrote a PKGBUILD for oracle-xe when it was not readded to the AUR with Git but I gave up on that project. It was not working properly as I had issues with the listener. I didn't get we had to use a sticky bit ;-)

In my version, I patched the oracle-xe file to avoid requiring net-tools and rely only on ss instead of netstat. If you want my patch, here it is:

# Avoid the old net-tools dependency and use the ss command from iproute2 instead
sed -i 's#`netstat -n --tcp --listen | $GREP :$LINE | $AWK -F: '\''{print $4}'\'' | $SED '\''s/ //g'\''`#$(ss -nl "( sport = :$LINE )" | awk -F: '\''{print $4}'\'' | sed '\''/^$/d'\'')#g' \

All comments