Package Details: oscar-git ..r3245.aaaaef0d-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/oscar-git.git (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: oscar-git
Description: Open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software with a focus on monitoring CPAP treatment. Fork of the sleepyhead project.
Upstream URL: https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code
Licenses: GPL
Provides: oscar
Submitter: harre
Maintainer: harre
Last Packager: harre
Votes: 2
Popularity: 0.109347
First Submitted: 2019-04-23 22:30
Last Updated: 2020-03-08 01:14

Latest Comments

1 2 Next › Last »

harre commented on 2020-08-20 06:38

Got a mail this package was out of date, but it's using the project git repo as source so it should always be up to date.

I'm not 100% sure of the AUR-process so I need to do something just point out what's wrong and I'll try to fix it. I have unflagged as out-of-date for now.

Also, late reply to huuhaa. I think they might have changed something upstream because when I installed oscar on a new machine the language picker showed all languages.

harre commented on 2020-03-11 09:40

Strange that you cannot find the thread, I think you need to apply for special access to the software part of the apneaboard.

Try contact SuperSleeper and check if he can help you out http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-SuperSleeper

huuhaa commented on 2020-03-11 09:36

Sorry for late check out. I tried to link translation files like:

sudo ln /usr/share/oscar/Translations/Suomi.fi.qm /usr/share/OSCAR/Translations/Suomi.fi.qm

sudo ln /usr/share/oscar/Translations/Translations_qt_oscar_qt_fi.ts /usr/share/OSCAR/Translations/Translations_qt_oscar_qt_fi.ts

sudo ln /usr/share/oscar/Translations/Translations_Suomi.fi.ts /usr/share/OSCAR/Translations/Translations_Suomi.fi.ts

But app still doesn't find those. Also tried startup from terminal and still got:

00001: Debug: number of built-in .qm files 0 00001: Debug: Inbuilt Translations: en_US 00001: Debug: number of external .qm files 0 00001: Debug: Number of external translations is 0 00001: Debug: Using default language en_US

So seems like uppercase didn't solve the problem. This seems like strange problem. Also funny that I did ask from the forum earlier too, but now when following your link to apneaboard, I'm logged in but probably my account is suspended or banned. :D Well have figure out what's the problem there, I didn't act the way that should happen at all.

harre commented on 2020-02-04 12:16

The Oscar repo's issues list is not shown if you're not logged into GitLab, so you get 404 when trying the link, but if you have logged in it works. They should used some 403 to indicate auth-error.

There's also a forum-thread I posted about the issue in their forum (you need to register and apply for access)

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Translations?pid=327987#pid327987

They haven't responded yet to my request.

I'm at work now, but one crazy idea is that perhaps the repo is named OSCAR (all uppercase) so perhaps the folder /usr/share/oscar/Translations needs to follow that name.

If you have installed the latest oscar-git you will have the .qm-files in the /usr/share/oscar/Translations folder

Can you please try it out and see it it's working.

huuhaa commented on 2020-02-04 12:08

For some reason that link for translation issue gives 404, page not found.

Tried to startup Oscar via terminal and noticed at least these:

00001: Debug: number of built-in .qm files 0 00001: Debug: Inbuilt Translations: en_US 00001: Debug: number of external .qm files 0 00001: Debug: Number of external translations is 0 00001: Debug: Using default language en_US

So is translation supposed to be in .qm format? I can download .ts files from gitlab and placing that to /usr/share/oscar/Translations/ folder doesn't help. But not surprise is it expects .qm

On the other hand locate *.qm list puns of translation files in that folder, those are with .qm extension.

Is there a way to open Oscar with translationfile you want using terminal command?

harre commented on 2020-01-10 19:50

It seems I accidentally removed the qt5-tools dependancy as the namcap tool complained about unused dependancy.

I'll readd it.

arch_jeff commented on 2020-01-10 19:26

Initially, this failed to build with a cryptic error about a failure related to /usr/bin/lrelease. Apparently the qt5-tools package is a dependency, but that wasn't clear until after a bit of Googling. Once I installed qt5-tools via pacman this package built just fine. The build file should probably be updated to account for the qt5-tools dependency.

harre commented on 2020-01-04 02:37

also added issue for translations: https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code/issues/6

harre commented on 2020-01-04 02:35

Added compile flag -fpermissive to fix compile error.

Have opened issue at repository for potential fix upstream. https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code/issues/5

harre commented on 2019-10-09 23:27

Here's how it's built on debian https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code/blob/master/Building/Linux/mkDebian9.sh