Package Details: pam_ssh 2.1-5

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/pam_ssh.git (read-only)
Package Base: pam_ssh
Description: PAM module providing single sign-on behavior for SSH.
Upstream URL: http://pam-ssh.sourceforge.net/
Keywords: pam ssh
Licenses: custom
Submitter: tajacobsen
Maintainer: pancho
Last Packager: pancho
Votes: 52
Popularity: 0.010509
First Submitted: 2007-10-07 14:44
Last Updated: 2018-05-09 19:01

Latest Comments

1 2 3 Next › Last »

totsilence commented on 2017-12-11 13:03

pam_ssh is no longer working for me since a very recent upgrade. I am using sddm and have inluded pam_ssh things in /etc/pam.d/sddm accordingly.

Recently systemd, sddm and KDE Frameworks were updated, so it might be some incompatibility which I haven't figured out, yet. I tried rebuilding pam_ssh to no avail. It also doesn't work when including it in /etc/pam.d/login for console logins.

Did anybody observe the same problem?

EDIT: Problem solved, nothing to do with any package, I had stale files in ~/.ssh/agent-X which caused pam_ssh not to start ssh-agent.

Nicky726 commented on 2017-05-28 14:05

Guess this might be obvious, but it seems a rebuild is needed in case OpenSSL is upgraded.

pancho commented on 2017-05-17 17:46

Glad to be of service, folks!

medman826 commented on 2017-05-11 15:37

It also builds successfully for me! Thanks!

Libbum commented on 2017-05-07 15:33

Confirmed working. Thanks pancho!

pancho commented on 2017-05-07 08:11

Fixed. I've worked around the issue with the include dir by leveraging CPPFLAGS env var, as described in the recent comments on the git-crypt AUR package.

Cheers!

pancho commented on 2017-05-07 07:39

Hi again.

I've managed to get it to build again, with this admittedly hackish workaround:

1) Add --with-ssl-dir=/usr/lib/openssl-1.0 to the ./configure call on PKGBUILD
2) sudo ln -snf ../../include/openssl-1.0 /usr/lib/openssl-1.0/include

Step 2 is needed because pam_ssh expects an include dir under the path specified for --with-ssl-dir; if that dir does not exist, it will end up using the include files for OpenSSL 1.1.0, and thus fail.

The bad news is that I cannot upload these changes like that (the 'sudo ln ...' part comes to mind). Changes will be needed either on the openssl-1.0 arch package, to include the include dir or symlink, or on upstream pam_ssh autoconf code to allow for a --with-ssl-include-files flag to be specified, so that we can call configure with --with-ssl-include-files=/usr/include/openssl-1.0, besides the aforementioned --with-ssl-dir=/usr/lib/openssl-1.0

Comments, suggestions and/or help is welcome!



pancho commented on 2017-05-04 18:33

Hi, folks. Thanks for reporting the issue. I'll take a look at it as soon as I can, and possibly report it upstream as well.

Libbum commented on 2017-05-03 08:23

@medman826 yes, looks like it's an upstream issue. May be as simple as the way the configure script checks the version values in the openssl headers. Seems that the upstream repo hasn't been active since 2013, so we may not have a quick response there. I'll take a look at some modifications when I have the time.

medman826 commented on 2017-05-01 19:45

I am also getting the configure error that Libbum mentioned. This happens even if I download the source and run ./configure manually.